Siri for Desktop: Is This the Third Hand We’ve All Been Waiting For?

Apple files a patent for Siri for desktop computers

The news Siri may be coming to desktops will have multi-taskers around the globe letting out a tiny cheer of joy for productivity this morning (Before they got back to checking their emails, planning their day, mapping their run and having breakfast). The calm and capable Siri has been standard on iOS since 2011, but in a complex new patent application, Apple has applied to bring the technology to OS X.  The desktop version of Siri is likely to be more capable and willing then ever. Apple Insider had further details:

“Apple’s massive 92-page patent application for an ‘Intelligent digital assistant in a desktop environment’ describes a technology that goes far beyon

This entry was posted in Entertainment, Personal Finance, Website and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Siri for Desktop: Is This the Third Hand We’ve All Been Waiting For?

1. faith says:

I would absolutely LOVE to have this on my Mac!!!!

2. faith says:

Is there any guess on when this might be something we can all get?

3. Jeffrey Strain says:

It’s a patent application, so no word on when it will be available for desktops and Apple hasn’t made any statement. It just shows Apple is working on the technology. It wasn’t part of the OS X Yosemite preview so there is no indication it will come out with that release.

4. Z says:

It would be handy on my Mac, and I’d also like it on my Windows computer too.

5. ben says:

It would be great for Windows, but I doubt that will happen.

6. danny says:

As someone with lousy typing skills, anything of this sort would be a great benefit for me. I’m all for it in any form it comes in.