Do E-Cigs Save Money Over Cigarettes?

e-cigs save money

Electronic cigarettes, commonly referred to as e-cigs, have become more common over the past decade. You might have seen someone smoking one in public or even in an enclosed space, such as a restaurant or bar. These devices are battery powered and utilizes a heating element that vaporizes a liquid solution, some of which contain a mixture of nicotine and different flavorings. Many are designed to simulate smoking, and are said to have fewer toxic effects than traditional cigarettes. Traditional cigarettes come with a financial price, and some people have switched to e-cigs for various reasons, including the overall costs.

First, it’s important to make clear that switching from cigare

This entry was posted in Health, Personal Finance, Saving Money and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Do E-Cigs Save Money Over Cigarettes?

1. Norm Bour says:

No question the saving between e-cigs, and especially mechanical “mods” can be substantial and one vial of “juice” which cost $8-10 can last for a week, vs. ONE pack of cigarettes. Generally reformed smokers that make the switch will save several hundred percent over what they typically spend.

I am an Industry Adviser in this Vape Space and aside from the money savings, the long-term health saving will be significant.

2. Yes I agree E-cigs save money more than cigarettes. If you buy E-cigs, it will be used for a long time and all you have to do is to refill it. Unlike cigarettes, once the pack has been empty, you have to buy and buy again just what i had noticed with my father before because he was a smoker.

3. Chris says:

Also, mechanical mods are not the only way to save money. There are regulated devices such as the innokin SVD or MVP, as well as the VAMO. Those are just a few examples out of what seems like hundreds. These devices are great for beginners because they allow voltage adjustment and, if you get some of the better models, you can attach nearly any atomizer to the top, making your vaping experience incredibly versatile. You’ll also save more money that way. All you need to do is purchase the atomizer heads and replace those every few weeks. One atomizer head can be as cheap as $1.50. Then it’s just a matter of buying liquid. I vape a lot and usually only go through about a bottle every 3-4 weeks. A standard 30ml bottle of liquid will cost around $20 ($30 for the really awesome flavors).

I have saved thousands of dollars AND I feel better! I cannot recommend e-cigs enough, especially if you purchase one from somewhere other than a gas station.

4. Dan says:

This will be my second attempt at quitting *real* cigarettes. I went with a certain blue kit my first go around, but it was worthless as you had to draw a lot to get any actual effect.

This time around I went with a variable-voltage battery and refillable clearomizer (tank) with dual coils. I have to say that it works much better and helps with the ‘WANT CIG NOW’ moments. I am 3 weeks into quitting reals and finished my first 30ml liquid bottle the other day.

Using loose math I’m now at a net savings versus reals. I’m fine with $3/week average for juice and occasional consumables like the atomizer for the assumed health benefits and net savings versus my pack-a-day habit of 20 years. I’m trying to taper off to 0.0, but I will still call this a win even if I keep vaping.

5. Rhonda says:

Anyone who know the cost of 1 pack of cigarettes should know the answer is an obviously yes! I started the e-cig 36 days ago and quit cigarettes completely within the forst week! On mt second week .i had a stressful day and had 5 left and smoked one. It literally made me physically ill, breaking out into a full sweat I was literally drenched and soaking wet and I threw up. So after overcoming that I got the other 4 cigarettes threw them in the toilet and haven’t looked back and that was 26 days ago!! I know with 100 % certainty that as long as I have e-cig coils and liquid I will NEVER go back! P.s. I plan on being nicotine free in 1 year or less but will welcome it if it happens before that. I have already gone down 2ml in nicotine in 36 days so if that continues I’ll be free in no time. But I will still vape I think. I smoked for 35 years anf 2 packs a day for the last 6 years, add that up and 25,000.000 yes twenty five thousand dollars literally went up in smoke!!!
    As far as 1 am concerned people can say what they want because I know that if it doesn’t add any years to my life it damn sure will add money to my pocket!
    ~Rhonda~ one happy tabacco free woman!!

6. David says:

The benefits of e-cigs is interesting. I think e-cigs are helpful in reducing the usage of nicotine. If this is true, we can reduce health problems from those that smoke.

7. highest electronic says:

The next jump in vaping is rechargeable e-cigarettes, which you can use for months (at least) before needing to replace the hardware. Rechargeables can also be refilled with any e-juice you like (and there is countless variety to choose from). And while you’ll have to spend a little bit of money up front, you’ll save hundreds of dollars in the long run by switching from tobacco cigarettes to rechargeable e-cigs.