Is Credit Sesame a Scam or Legit?

is credit sesame a scam?

Your credit score is important for a variety of reasons. This score can have a huge impact on how much you’ll end up paying in interest on loans, sometimes with a difference of tens of thousands of dollar, depending on how good your FICO score is. For that reason, people who are looking to take out a home mortgage or car loan are rightly concerned to know their credit score.

Since credit scores cost money if you get them directly from the credit bureaus which keep them, consumers looking to find out their score often come across sites like Credit Sesame that offer free credit scores. Anytime the word “free” and financial information go hand-in-hand, you should question the

This entry was posted in Personal Finance, Saving Money and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Is Credit Sesame a Scam or Legit?

1. laurie66 says:

I get a free credit score with my credit card statement each month. I don’t see any reason to use one of these services for that reason.

2. David says:

I think these services have numbered days. They did serve a purpose at one time, but you can get your free credit score from a credit card now and it’s your real FICO score, not a FAKO. It’s only a matter of time before banks start offering free credit scores with their accounts.

3. Anne says:

I have read several articles like this on Saving Advice recently,and my biggest frustration is that you confuse getting your credit report for free with getting your credit score for free they are totally different propositions.

4. Will says:

Actually banks offered free FICO scores before the credit cards started offering them (although it was mostly just credit unions like DCU). But I think you’re right, these free credit score sites are going to run into trouble with people getting easier access to their actual FICO scores.

5. sally says:

I understand that Credit Sesame is now offering ID theft protection for free as well as a free credit score. Are there any other free credit score sites that are also offering this or is Credit Sesame the only one?

6. darlene says:

It’s all a scam. Your credit score doesn’t mean anything. Listen to Dave Ramsey!