How to Better Your Odds at Winning $1 Billion

billion dollar lottery
It seems that people are getting excited about the growing jackpot for the latest Mega Millions. I’ve had more than a few friends ask me about whether I’m playing, and it seems to be the topic du jour in my social media feeds. And while the current jackpot is large, there’s a good chance we will be seeing some even larger ones in the near future. It appears that the odds are good that we will have a billion dollar lottery sometime in the next few years. In fact, if there are no winners in the next couple of drawings, we could even see a billion dollar drawing at the end of this year. This is all courtesy of a recent change which decreased the odds of winning from 1 in 176 m...

This entry was posted in Entertainment, Making Money, Personal Finance and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to How to Better Your Odds at Winning $1 Billion

1. greenday says:

Nothing wrong on spending a dollar on a dream.

2. petesake says:

I don’t believe that I’ll win, but I have to spend $5 that is pooled with all the other employees at my office because if for some reason the group does win, I don’t want to be the only person that can’t retire. So when the jackpot gets big, I have to put in $5. Anyone in the same trap?

3. Mike says:

That’s a negative on the two-ticket odds. If you buy two tickets, then your odds are 2 in 259 million, which is not the same as 1 in 129.5 million. The odds are still 1 in 259 million on the first ticket. Assuming the first ticket doesn’t win, the odds on the second ticket are 1 in 259 million-1.

4. JB says:

Why split the pot? your chances are pretty much the same.

5. JB says:

Except many spend more than they should. if you can’t pay your bills, you shouldn’t be playing the lottery.

6. JoJo says:

Well, true, but that is almost the same, so big whoop.

7. nick tyliakos says:

I concur Mike. Definitely won’t half the odds by buying ONE additional ticket.