17 Bills in Your Wallet Worth More than Face Value

If you carry cash on a regular basis, there’s a good chance that at some point during the year you have bills in your wallet that are worth more than their stated face value. While most of these are probably worth only a few dollars more, some can be worth much, much more. It’s estimated that some of the new $100 bills coming out will be worth as much as $15,000 each for those lucky enough to find the bills with serial numbers that collectors covet.

A lot of people don’t realize that there are people who collect bills. For these collectors, it’s often the serial number on the bill which makes the bill valuable to them. What’s interesting is that collectors have

This entry was posted in Making Money, Personal Finance and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

65 Responses to 17 Bills in Your Wallet Worth More than Face Value

1. Michael says:

I have a 1969 A hundred dollar bill star note in vf condition. Serial number C00343577*. Do you have any idea how much it might be worth? Or where I can find info on it. Is it a low count star note

2. I don’t know what the worth would be — your best bet is to take it to a coin and currency dealer or check similar finished auctions on eBay. It wouldn’t be considered a low count bill.

3. Amber says:

Hello, Can two different one hundred dollar bills frim 1996 have the same serial number?

4. No, they can’t.

5. Mel says:

Love the info was wondering if you could tell me if one dollar bills with serial numbers L16290479K L16290480K and L16290484K are worth more than face value thank you for your time

6. Jeffrey Strain says:

Consecutive number bills are fairly common and you can get them at most banks, so those wouldn’t be worth more just because of that….

7. Mel says:

8. Avi Kay says:

Actually they can in a way, while 2 cannot be exactly identical the actual numbers can be if they were both printed at different mints (they would have different letters). If you have this, i suspect there may be some value there. Good luck.

9. cody says:

I have a $1 with the serial number B4221934A so anyone born April, 22, 1934 would want it. But idk how I could find anyone.

10. Jesse says:

“Star” 00575757…..any takers?

11. Quinn says:

Hi, i have a one dollar bill, the serial code is H66363666A is it collectible or anything? I know its a bookend and it has repeaters and has 666, but besides that.

12. There is a collector somewhere out there who would want it and pay more than face value (depending on condition), but it’s probably not a high value collectible bill. It would be worth a lot more to collectors if it has been H66633666A

13. melissa says:

I have 2 $100 in consecutive order that are both star notes are they worth more than face value?

14. Jeffrey Strain says:

There are always people who like to collect star notes, so you likely could get more than face value for them, especially if they are in good condition.

15. Linda Czajkowski says:

Hello,

My 2006 $20 Star Note has a smaller star then my other $20 Star Notes but it’s a regular looking star on the left-hand-side. However, the star on the right-hand-side is solid. I have searched and called a couple places but no one can give me any information on the solid star or why the stars are smaller than my other star notes.
    I’m not as concerned about the size as I am about the SOLID STAR. Does anyone know if this is rare and if it holds a different value?

Linda