17 Bills in Your Wallet Worth More than Face Value

If you carry cash on a regular basis, there’s a good chance that at some point during the year you have bills in your wallet that are worth more than their stated face value. While most of these are probably worth only a few dollars more, some can be worth much, much more. It’s estimated that some of the new $100 bills coming out will be worth as much as $15,000 each for those lucky enough to find the bills with serial numbers that collectors covet.

A lot of people don’t realize that there are people who collect bills. For these collectors, it’s often the serial number on the bill which makes the bill valuable to them. What’s interesting is that collectors have

This entry was posted in Making Money, Personal Finance and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

216 Responses to 17 Bills in Your Wallet Worth More than Face Value

1. Isabel says:

Is there a thing such as single quad like 33337395? If so how much would it be worth

2. Jeffrey Strain says:

Yes, but those tend to be the type that collectors will keep if they come across them themselves, but not spend money to get.

3. Dancie says:

I have a 1985 $100 bill that has the 20826820 is it worth anything

4. Jeffrey Strain says:

It likely wouldn’t be worth more than face value to collectors — it’s one they might keep if they found, but not one they would pay for.

5. Alex says:

I have 3 bills that I was wondering if they had any value (all ones) first number is 2006 bill 95666855 the other bill is 2006 03518341 and the last bill is 1977 09944250 Are they worth anything?

6. Jeffrey Strain says:

No, you likely wouldn’t be able to get anything above face value for those bills that would make it worth the time and effort of selling them.

7. Matthew Goodson says:

I have a few bills that I thought were interesting. I have a $10 bill with the serial number JA57317695A. Are there 1 number bookends? I also have a $1 bill with the serial number G95288349F. Which is a one number bookend.Then I have a $1 bill with the serial number H60991753A that number has the date September 9 1753. The date the first Steem boat got to the US. I have another $1 bill with the serial number L16092928V in that number there is 9292. And finally I have a $1 bill that has the serial number F78882609F. In that is 888. Are any of these bills worth anything.

8. Jeffrey Strain says:

😉

9. Matthew Goodson says:

What?

10. devanksh verma says:

hwy hi i have a few bill can you plase tell me about them and are they good colectible
    JF 83386719 A
    K 09985495 B
    C 00014464 E
    1 dollar bill B 03549814 A
    1 dollar bill A 59535706 G
    1 dollar bill B 66943249 J
    1 dollar bill A 30568449 A
    5 dollar bill DL 50759974 A
    1 dollar bill A 19526684 C
    1 dollar bill F 94525763 H

11. Jeffrey Strain says:

No, none of these is worth more than face value for the serial numbers…

12. Lightning Larry says:

I must agree with jeffery. Lately, EBay has been flooded with $2 bills. Craigslist both costs FAR LESS to use and it can be used locally also which could lead to higher profits.

13. Lightning Larry says:

Can a ink stamp or ball point pen be safely removed from paper currency? And if so, how would someone go about doing it without losing value of the bill(s)?

14. michelle says:

I have a $20 bill with an a after the series number anybody know what it’s worth it’s a 2004

15. Mike says:

I have a dollar bill serial code D19991444C it’s a 2006 series is it worth anything

16. Mike says:

No reply I take it that it’s worthless