17 Bills in Your Wallet Worth More than Face Value

If you carry cash on a regular basis, there’s a good chance that at some point during the year you have bills in your wallet that are worth more than their stated face value. While most of these are probably worth only a few dollars more, some can be worth much, much more. It’s estimated that some of the new $100 bills coming out will be worth as much as $15,000 each for those lucky enough to find the bills with serial numbers that collectors covet.

A lot of people don’t realize that there are people who collect bills. For these collectors, it’s often the serial number on the bill which makes the bill valuable to them. What’s interesting is that collectors have

This entry was posted in Making Money, Personal Finance and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

158 Responses to 17 Bills in Your Wallet Worth More than Face Value

1. Mike bowlin says:

I would tuck it away until i had 20 or 30 unique bills then take them to a coin shop to have them all checked out & sold together so it would be more worth while

2. Mike bowlin says:

I believe i would have taken that offer if they paid for shipping costs

3. Alton M. says:

I have 8 new sequential order uncirculated star note $100 bills. Could they possibly be worth anything?

4. Jeffrey Strain says:

There are a lot of people who collect star notes, so you can probably get more than face value for them. How much more is the question…

5. Zack says:

I have a couple dollar bills with the letter a underneath the date is that worth anything

6. Jeffrey Strain says:

I’m not sure exactly what you mean. If it’s an error, they would likely be worth more than face value. If it’s simply a part of a series, then likely not.

7. Zack says:

I also have a 2 dollar bill with the serial # g 00661246 a 2009 series just wondering if that’s worth anything

8. Zack says:

I have 3 1 dollar bills and where the date of the note is it says series 2003 A but I have looked at other bills and they don’t have that so I was just wondering if they where worth anything.