10 Things We Do Too Fast That Cost Us Money

doing things too fast

We live in a fast paced world. It sometimes seems that the only way to get everything done is to do it as quickly as possible so that we have time to do all the other things on our list. The problem is that doing things fast doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re doing them in a financially sound manner. Rushing about often leads to stress and mistakes. When it comes to our finances, the last thing we want to do is make fast, rash decisions which cause us to lose money. Here are a number of different activities which people often do too quickly that may end up costing them money in the long run. They may also get you to consider slowing down a bit in certain areas of your life.

Sh

This entry was posted in Budgeting, Food / Groceries, Frugal, Personal Finance, Saving Money, Shopping and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to 10 Things We Do Too Fast That Cost Us Money

1. GeorgiaPeach says:

I would add eating food to the list. We eat far too fast instead of enjoying meals. That means far too many stops at fast food joints and eating processed foods instead of natural foods.

2. jay says:

Great observations!

3. greenday says:

Everyone seems to be in a hurry these days. In such a hurry that they miss out on what life is all about. It really is kind of sad in a way. Everyone is so focused on working hard to make a lot of money so that they can eventually relax and enjoy life that they never do.

4. Gailete says:

>>A lot of people who embark on new business ventures want their business to get up off the ground as soon as possible. However, you shouldn’t rush into starting a new business. You want to make sure that you have all the needed information in order <<

I see this often as an on-line seller. Newbies that find a free site to sell on, don't bother researching the terms or rules of the site, have no clue how to starts a business, etc. Throw up an on-line store in about 10 minutes and then 2-3 days later are whining that they haven't sold anything. Well could be because their stuff looks like yard sale rejects, poorly priced, poor titles, poor descriptions, poor photos, they don't bother advertising, or they royally screwed something up and have been suspended. I don't understand why people think that they can get a good idea, and then run with it with no background into what it takes to be successful. On the site I sell on, we have had people come to the forums asking questions that show they haven't studied the site at all and when we tell them where to find the information, they get mad at us because THEY don't have time for all that and they feel we should spoon feed them everything they need to know! I see others constantly asking how to make money on line and many give the same pat answers but what it comes down to it figuring out what you can do and what will make you happy, learning the ins and outs of it and then actually, dare I say it?…working! Those that throw together a 'business' are in the camp of easy money, not work. They get exactly out of the business what they put into it…nothing.

5. Tony says:

I think investing should be number one on the list. I’ve recently been going over my investments a lot closer. Particularly with wasted fees, I can see some of my decisions have cost me a lot over the years. I just never looked at things closely enough.

I could not be bothered to spend more time on it. However, in gained returns, it would have been the most productive time I could have spent.

6. David S. says:

Hello Danielle, These things that you just mentioned that we do so fast will really cost us a lot of money. We need to play our cards well and be cautious. Take shopping for instance. It is a necessity to buy the basics but not luxurious items that we don’t need. be careful not to overspend as well. Investing is something that also needs to be planned.

7. 1HappyGirl! says:

Soooo true Greenday! I work with people who work endless hours to pay for things they thought they’d enjoy. I live a simple life – work to pay for necessary things, but spend my free time enjoying the simple joys in this life…family, close friends and nature.