I’m An Idiot Home Exercise Room Edition: Days 122 – 130

house gym

As predicted, eight of the last nine days have been no-spend-days as I continue to house sit and work on my writing. This has been great news for the minimum wage challenge. As mentioned before, I had everything that I really needed which gave me the opportunity to save a bit of money, although it made for pretty boring writing. One would think that this situation would keep me out of trouble, but then one would be greatly underestimating my ability to turn every day simplicity into something much worse. In the process, I also have a new perspective on home exercise rooms.

I’ve always thought gym memberships and home exercise rooms were a waste of money. They just have never made a wh

This entry was posted in Health, Minimum Wage Challenge, Personal Finance and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to I’m An Idiot Home Exercise Room Edition: Days 122 – 130

1. Debbie M says:

Fortunately, treadmills are something that are easily available in good condition used, from people who turned out to be the opposite of you (thought it would be a good idea for them, but then learned that it wasn’t).

Of course you could still take breaks by using a jump rope, doing calisthenics, or other very low-cost activities.

2. Mary Alice says:

Re: Weights.

If you EVER get a chance to try them again, I suggest taking a trip to the library and reading up on how to use them correctly (look for books on weightlifting) before you touch them again.

I think that was your problem; you didn’t know what you were doing. (Luckily that’s easy to remedy.) Also weights/weight sets/exercise equipment are often available used on Craigslist, since people find out they don’t want them. I used to lift weights myself in college (No, I wasn’t a musclehead girl!) so I took a class on it. Internet/the local library however are free alternatives to going back to school for that, so don’t think you have to take a class when all you need to do is do trip to the library. ^^

Reminds me, once things calm down I need to look for that sorta thing to put in the garage to use (once we clean that out..)

3. Eric says:

I could never run on a treadmill but I love the elliptical.

4. jeffrey says:

Oh, those are some great alternatives to give a try out and see how I like them. Thank you.

5. jeffrey says:

heh — yes, it would help if I knew what I was doing ;) I think I learned my lesson on doing it on my own without some basics to make sure I don’t leave myself in pain every time I touch them…

6. Debbie M says:

Good luck!

7. Lisa says:

I had a treadmill desk for awhile and loved it. circumstances prevent me from having one now, but I look forward to the day I can set it up again.

8. Michele says: