10 Places to Find Lost Money at Home

washer money

There are a lot of places to look for coins when you are walking about outside. When there is a need to quickly find a few dollars, however, you may want to search in your house instead. Money sometimes gets stored for a later date and accidentally forgotten about. Other times, it simply gets misplaced. Whatever the cause, here are a few places to look around your house where you might find some extra money that you didn’t realize that you had:

Clothing

Have you ever done a load of laundry only to find spare change or dollar bills stuffed in the pockets of your jeans or sweatshirts? Or have you ever received change back at the store and stuck it in your pocket and then forgot all abo

This entry was posted in Personal Finance and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to 10 Places to Find Lost Money at Home

1. Call me a micromanager, but at least it’s only on myself. I NEVER* leave money in my clothes pocket without taking it out by the end of the day. I NEVER* leave it in a coat pocket. Guess who does the laundry? me. I KEEP what I find in the machines and it’s not from my own wallet.

*Almost Never ~ it happens maybe 2 or 3 times a year I leave money somewhere like described in the article.

2. Karyn S says:

I would add in chester drawers and closets.

3. Fernando R says:

Its always nice to find unexpected money laying around. Clothing and furniture are the common spots for money to hide out. I think that the place that money can be found and will cheer you up the most is inside of a textbook. Right when you are getting ready for that stressful final exam and finding a 20 dollar bill should motivate you to study!

4. Jenkins J says:

I found a $100.00 bill in a bible at a motel we stayed in now we race to check it every time

5. Gailete says:

Any money found in the washer becomes mine as a tip for doing other’s clothes! I rarely have cash around, but my husband had several cash payments last week so we have had cash laying around till I could go to the bank. Later I found $1 on the office floor which I must have dropped, but for the most part I know where my cash is and how much. And of course, the one time I had cash money for groceries, I left it in an unlocked car yesterday at the grocery store. Thankfully when I hit the register and realized I had left it in the car, no one had found it :)

I’ve heard of broke people doing a thorough cleaning and found up to $800! How can someone forget that much money is beyond me.

6. joe says:

i have alot of money in clothing(jackets,pockets), also inbetween the couches.

7. Kate says:

Also I would put look in bags and purses or really anything at op shops or second hand stores. You’d be surprised at how many people will leave change or notes in the secret pockets of a bag or forget that they left a 20 in the book they donated!

8. SARAH says:

Thanks, I need all of the money I can get, I’m saving up for a really nice camera!

9. lillian says:

I once found 4000 dollars in an envelope and nobody came to get in the next four days so I got to keep it