Gaining Weight: Day 40 & 41

As I expected, I woke up quite sore from a the day of digging in the sand. I definitely used more than a few muscles that I don’t normally use, and my body decided to remind me of that the entire day. Even when sitting in front of the computer most of the day where one would assume I would be immune to the soreness, it seemed to still find me with every little move. This made me realize some of the consequences of the vitamin D deficiency that I had started to noticed, but hadn’t really been paying attention to.

Although I have been getting outside as much as I usually do during this minimum wage challenge (which was one of the main goals), I’ve gained 10 – 15 ponds

This entry was posted in Health, Minimum Wage Challenge, Personal Finance, X Files and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Gaining Weight: Day 40 & 41

1. Lee says:

Thyroid OK? TSH,T3,T4 in range?

2. Alexandria says:

I wonder if getting out and getting more sun would be helpful. Just as maybe it would trick the body into think you were getting the nutrients you needed, inasmuch as eating does.

We don’t do a lot of covering up and sunblock, but more just try to avoid peak sun hours. Like, 10am – 3pm. (This habit was passed on to me from my spouse – who turns into a lobster very easily – but not at all if he stays out of peak sun).

I think some late afternoon walks while sun is still high might be good for you. Maybe morning and afternoon, so you can be productive during the day. This may be good advice anyway, for the long run, to get more natural Vitamin D.

3. Alexandria says:

P.S. To be clear – I mean going on a walk with no sunblock or covering up.

4. CB in the City says:

I’d recommend eating more protein, fewer carbs. And coffee of course!

5. jeffrey says:

Thyroid is OK :)

6. jeffrey says:

Hmmm, that does sound like a good idea. It’s going to be strange not covering up, but I think I’ll give it a try. Anything to help at this point…

7. jeffrey says:

I don’t drink coffee and I’m not sure that’s a habit I wnat to start ;) No doubt that I can always improve what I put into my body…

8. Jenny says:

Maybe try drinking water instead of snacking, with a bit of lemon juice or something similar if you prefer. Going to the kitchen to get a glass of water would get you the same short break and distraction from your work that getting a snack would, and cold water might give you a little burst of alertness. Sticking your head out the door or window for a few breaths of fresh air (especially if you are staying somewhere cold) might have the same effect.

Or you could just accept your need to snack, but get yourself some things to snack on with a low calorie density. If you air pop some popcorn, it is quite low calorie (and pretty cheap) for the volume. I think a serving size is 6 cups. Also buy some veggies, cut them up, and keep them in the fridge for when you have a need to snack.

I don’t think too many people gain weight from snacking on raw broccoli and celery and drinking lemon water.

9. creditcardfree says:

I was going to suggest tea or water to drink when you need something to keep you going or just in your mouth. I wonder if it is something you are doing to distract yourself from the fuzzy head feeling. I think the idea of getting outside as much as you can…even to do some work might be a good, too. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

10. Minny says:

My thoughts are on veggies as well. Soup made with cheap veges and blended makes a thick, nourishing snack which is filling and low calorie. A big pot in the fridge would keep you going for a few days.