Fuzzy Head: Day 37

Optometrist eye test

I’m pretty sure that my doctors think I’m nuts. Since my head has been “fuzzy” for a few weeks (and has progressed to the point where it was getting difficult for me to get anything done during the day), I decided that I better try to find out what was going on. The fist stop was at the optometrist:

Optometrist: “What seems to be the problem?”

Me: “My head is fuzzy.”

Optometrist: (giving me a funny look) “So, you’re not seeing well?”

Me: “No, I can see perfectly fine.”

Optometrist: “You can see fine?”

Me: “Yes.”

Optometrist: “So, why exactly are you here?”

Me: “I think I c

This entry was posted in Health, Minimum Wage Challenge, Personal Finance and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Fuzzy Head: Day 37

1. creditcardfree says:

Maybe this challenge is causing you to have physical problems that are due to stress. I hope whatever it is…you find a solution soon.

2. FrugalTexan75 says:

I’m not a doctor, but from what you’ve said about the “fuzziness,” I’m surprised they didn’t schedule a cat scan. I hope the doctor can help you get this figured out soon.

3. Brandi says:

I have pernicious anaemia – one of the symptoms is brain fog.. similar to what you are feeling. Hopefully the doctors figure out what is wrong!

4. Erica says:

When you say “fuzzy” do you mean that you feel like you’re head is in a cloud and it’s hard to pull information out? This was one of the signs that I had a food intolerance.

5. tryingtosaveadime says:

I used to get fuzziness as well and it was allergies…started taking a nasal spray and it went away.

6. Alexandria says:

I think it’s fairly standard to rule out the low cost/simple/less invasive blood tests/EKG type stuff before jumping to the more expensive procedures. Plus, with the concerns of thyroid, they probably would not want to do a Cat Scan anyway? (I know from experience – the radiation is of concern).

Regardless, I hope blood tests is all you need to figure it out!!

7. I really hope you are feeling better! Geez, that must have been a scare. Way to go on the spending (or lack thereof!)

8. jacob poorman says:

@OP You really do have a fuzzy head to write out a whole paragraph to justify spending $70 copay. Um yeah I hope your health is worth 1 days tips as a waiter or delivery driver. Try paying FULL PRICE, you will be glad you are writing on virtual paper so you don’t soak the real stuff with your tears.

9. My English Castle says:

I hope they find out what’s causing this, Jeffrey. Feel better soon!

10. jeffrey says:

You might want to read why I am writing about that here and while I only had to pay $70 in copays, I am paying $485 a month so I only have those copays. Always difficult choices when on a minimum wage budget.

11. jeffrey says:

I certainly hope not — I certainly haven’t felt that much stress up to this point. I’ve just had to spend more time thinking through decisions than i would normally.

12. jeffrey says:

The way I described it to the doctor is when you first get up from an afternoon nap and you’re not fully away and everything seems “cloudy and fuzzy” Except that is how my head is most of the day…

13. jeffrey says:

It really hasn’t been scary as much as frustrating. It’s like trying to wake up fully and you can’t, but it’s only my head. My body feels fine and nothing hurts, it’s just difficult to focus.

14. CB in the City says:

Do you ever feel faint? You might need a tilt table test. I don’t know if those are expensive, but it seems pretty low-tech to me.

15. jeffrey says:

Nope, I don’t feel faint at all. Just fuzzy. It’s definitely not like when you get up quickly and get a head rush.

16. mimipaula1 says:

I have felt the same way when I have had a sinus infection. Hope the tests you took prove all is well with your health!