52 Week Savings Challenge

saving challenge
Click image to enlarge or print here (pdf)

If you’re looking for a great way to start saving money right now that will net you over $1300 in 1 year, we’ve put together an easy system which offers a good amount of flexibility to give you the greatest chance of success. This is a hybrid of the original 52 week money challenge putting more control in your hands to deal with the inevitable financial challenges which come with daily life.

In a lot of ways, the 52 Week Savings Challenge is similar to a game of Yahtzee. There are 52 weeks in the year with a dollar amount corresponding to all 52 weeks. Each week your goal is to try to save the highest amount that is still available fro

This entry was posted in Budgeting, Personal Finance, Saving Money and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to 52 Week Savings Challenge

1. creditcardfree says:

I like how you tweaked this Jeffrey!

2. Mjrube says:

Love it! Great idea…

3. This is a really neat idea! I like how you decide how much you can save each week as opposed to going in order and saving an extra dollar each week. We all have moments when money is tighter one week to the next and allowing for the flexibility to choose your savings amount increases the likelihood of people sticking to this plan.

4. I like the change in this system, what a great concept Jeffrey!

5. This is a really awesome new spin on helping people save money.

6. James says:

Thanks Jeff – let’s try this out. We’re always looking for new ways to save money.

7. I can see how the chart would make a difference if you are only able to start small. You’d see the reward and hopefully, it would encourage you to keep going.

8. Darla says:

LOVE this spin on the 52 week challenge, Jeff. Actually makes it more of a game and I love to play games to win. :)

9. Jaqie says:

I messed up already with the 52 week challenge, but I’ll get back on track. I like how you related this to Yahtzee. I may try that out next year.

10. Pingback: Amanda’s Take Five for Tuesday | Hot Travel Blog

11. Ramjett says:

What a convoluted complicated way to save!
    Simply know that every $10 you regularly save per week will net you $500 over the course of a year.
    Set up a regular savings program with your bank where money is redirected to your savings account before you get it.
    Try $30 a week ( $1500 a year ) If you don’t have it to begin with you won’t miss it.

12. Terri says:

I was sent this on Facebook. What a neat idea! It is very much like a game. This is a feel good way of saving money. I doubled the original 52 week challenge and saved over $2500! This is definitely a fun way to save.

13. jeffrey says:

You may also want to join others doing the challenge to stay accountable and share your successes

14. C.A Brown says:

I have tried this method for the first time last year, and it really works. You have to stay focused and committed to saving.
    There maybe a few things to cut out of your spending habits to achieve this, I myself had to cut out two trips to Starbucks I bought a bag of coffee beans to take my own coffee to work, and I began packing my own lunch I also stopped buying bottled water and started refilling and chilling my own water. the system works just need commitment.

15. Michelle says:

I did it last year, got up to over 400 and needed new tires. It came in handy for that. Happy holidays!