10 Ways to Save Money at McDonald’s

Sedona McDonalds

There are many ways to save money on food, but it gets a little harder to do so when you go to a restaurant. Many people enjoy fast food restaurants because the service is quick and the food is relatively cheap (but not necessarily cheaper) while others drop in from time to time when they are in a hurry and it’s the easiest available option. No matter what the reason, if you stop by your local McDonald’s to grab a meal, there are some simple ways to save money. Here are a few that you might want to consider the next time you find yourself there:

Value Menu

If you really intend to save money, why not order from the value menu? For $1 (plus tax), you can have your choice of items

This entry was posted in Food / Groceries, Frugal, Personal Finance, Saving Money and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to 10 Ways to Save Money at McDonald’s

1. LuckyRobin says:

Actually, you can get a small senior drink of any sort except milkshakes, so tea, hot chocolate, milk, juice, or a child-sized soft drink (with free refills). It doesn’t have to be coffee.

They also have 2 for something promotions frequently. Like 2 egg McMuffins for $3, or 2 large sandwiches for the price of one.

I haven’t eaten there in over a year. I find that’s the very best way to save money!

2. Samantha says:

Saving money on fast food is fun. My local BJs Wholesale Club sells gift cards for several places (fast food and sit-down) for slightly less than face value (like $9.49 for a $10 BK card). They do not, alas, sell McDonalds cards. For that, I use Upromise. I’ve registered my McDonalds gift card with Upromise, and every time I load it I get 1% back in my Upromise account. It’s not much, but every penny counts. While very little of it is McDonalds, we did earn almost $100 back from Upromise in 2012. Check arrived on Xmas Eve. :D

3. I was able to get a free big mac when my wife and I just had our baby. Since I had the hospital band on, they gave me a free burger. I can’t complain with that at all.

4. leshia says:

As a frequent visitor to McDonalds, I try to save as much as I can when i do go. I use many of the tips mentioned in the article, but a couple are new to me and I will have to try them. Thank you for the information!

5. Joshua King says:

Are you in Sedona? I thought I recognized that McDonalds in the picture, and I looked again and sure enough it has the teal arches. Sedona Arizona! I lived there for years.

Great article. Thanks.

6. jeffrey says:

Yes! I was there a few days ago: http://www.savingadvice.com/articles/2013/01/06/1013578_i-dont-buy-gifts-for-special-ocassions-day-6.html and had to stop and take the photo because I had never seen teal arches before.

7. Gailete says:

I have been fun getting ‘senior’ drinks ever since I hit 55 and most fast food places will give varying discounts. They never ask for proof of age as how many women are willing to admit to 55+? :) My hubby and I will get a sandwich & drink each, split fries which usually means one meal for that little discount, plus a few add ons.

What is funny (really showing my age) is I remember the McD comercials that talked about getting a hamburger, fries and a drink for a $1 with change back. My mom would make each two of us split the fries when we were little and they were about 10 cents for the bag. We lived near one of the original McD out in CA, so they have always been a part of my life.