11 Benefits of Staying Home

staying home

My desk in my home office looks out over the road in front of my house. It always amazes me how much traffic goes by my window on any given day, especially since I live on a cul-de-sac. People in this neighborhood are on the go all the time. They come home and then they turn right around and go back out. I often wonder what in the world they’re doing. The best I can figure is that they don’t like to be home. They seem to be filling their lives with all sorts of “obligations” and activities that keep them running, rather than choosing a lifestyle that would allow them to just come home from work and relax at home. (I say choosing a lifestyle because many people do, in

This entry was posted in Frugal, Personal Finance, Saving Money and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to 11 Benefits of Staying Home

1. Brett says:

I agree with you, there is nothing wrong with staying at home.

2. creditcardfree says:

I agree as well. I like to stay home!

3. I’d love to stay at home. People always ask me if I think I’d be bored. No way, I can think of a million things I’d do to entertain myself. Plus I could eat healthier and stay safer all at the same time. What’s not to like?

4. JD says:

I have always preferred being home than to being away from it. I have a few hobbies I enjoy, plus I cook all of our meals and in the summer I tend our flowers. It seems strange to have a house you are seldom at instead of a home you desire to be at.

5. Totally agree with everything stated in this article.

I have so much to keep myself entertained at home unless
    it’s time to grocery shop or go to the bank I love being
    home.

6. Diane says:

We work at home, so there are many days I don’t leave the house. As you said, I save up errands and try to do as many as possible on my days out. It definitely saves money, first on gas, then on other spending that’s likely to happen if I go out. Sometimes I put off the errands for days, until they’re absolutely necessary!

I like being at home, but I do enjoy getting out of the house just to get away from work sometimes! Work tends to extend into the evenings & weekends, so sometimes we have to get out on the weekend to get a break. Otherwise we’d be working all the time.

I do remember the days when I worked in an office, had kids in 2 schools, playing soccer & in scouting. Sometimes I left & entered the neighborhood many times a day. I guess that was a choice, but my kids did benefit tremendously from their sports & scouting activities. I’m just glad I don’t have to do that every day now!

7. Teresa says:

I have recently chose to enjoy staying at home! In the past since I work at home I have always wanted to leave on the weekends but making an attitude adjustment has made me so much happier to just stay home. The benefits have been great, while everyone else around us has gotten sick our house of 8 has been well. My husband and I have also started a no spend contest and I am winning because he has to leave the house to go to work and I just stay home!

8. Jacqueline says:

awesome! I told my husband about your ‘no spend contest’ and I think we’re gonna try that too lol :D

9. secretarysaving says:

I enjoy staying home as well.
    We play alot of Uno and Candyland at my house in addition to reading and watching movies from the library.
    My six year old practices her typing skills by playing Jumpstart educational cd’s on the computer. I clean house. My teenager bakes goodies while having music play in the kitchen.

10. Gailete says:

We stay home a lot also due to work at home and unless there is an emergency, don’t go out unless there is at least three errands to run. My in-laws have a rental property near our home and a couple of years ago the people were on the run constantly. they would drive in and be gone again in minutes. Granted town is all of 4.5 miles away, but still. Then we were hearing that they weren’t paying there rent, yet they had money to run that van. Finally after 6 months of no rent they were out (but had never stopped galivanting). We still occasionaly have creditors looking for them contacting us. Just thinking of all the gas money they could hav esaved just by staying home! Crazy. When our funds are low, we drive even less than usual. My gas alert buzzer sounded today and I didn’t know what it was as we only have to fill up every month or so!