10 Ways To Save Money At Target

Target discount store

For a lot of people, Target is their go to place. It’s one of those stores that you visit when you’re looking to do most of your shopping in one place. They basically have it all including food, clothing, furniture, and most household amenities. However, even though many of the items there are fairly inexpensive, when you finally bring your cart up to the cash register, your final bill can still end up being quite high. Fortunately, there are a number of good ways to save money whenever you shop at Target. Below is a list of some of the tricks and tips that you might want to try the next time you are shopping there to reduce your overall bill.

Shop the End Caps

First, always c

This entry was posted in Food / Groceries, Personal Finance, Saving Money, Shopping and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to 10 Ways To Save Money At Target

1. jay says:

Another thing to remember is that should you ever need to, they have an excellent return policy.

2. anon says:

> Refunds on Sale Items

On items that are refundable, most non-tech items have 90 day refund period. (tech might have shorter return period / re-stock fees)

Just return the old one using the old receipt and buy a new one. (known issue: is time/effort worth it?) If using debit/credit, just be sure and use a different form of payment, (eg: different card, cash) since a ‘return & re-buy’ can be considered as a price match. (where PM rules may apply)

> Price Match

For me, time/effort is not worth it for a low cost item. (PM can only be done at customer service counter)

> Bring Your Own Bags

Really sucks that refusing a bag is not the same as BYOB in many CSR’s eyes. I also make it a point to bring a different from the store brand bag to ensure that I won’t be recharged for a bag that I brought in.

3. Mary Ann says:

How can you find out the dates of a holiday markdown schedule? Similarly, don’t they mark down regular merchandise after it’s been on the floor for a certain period of time? Can you find out the details of this process?

I guess my math is different: if they offer five cents back on every reusable bag, wouldn’t that constitute a savings of 25 cents?

Do they post “Target’s Daily Deals” online, in the stores, or in the flyers you find with the weekend newspaper?

4. Carla says:

Who wrote this article? Sure it’s nice to save money, but let’s understand basic math first. If I return five bags at five cents a bag, I’m only saving a quarter, not 50 cents. Is someone getting paid to write this? I’m recently unemployed and I could definitely do a better job than this. Where do I send my resume?

5. jeffrey says:

fixed

6. Michelle says:

Great information!

7. Lauren says:

Not to mention the fact that the grammar is atrocious,