15 Ways To Save Money At Chipotle

Chipotle Mexican restaurant

It’s lunchtime and you’re craving delicious burritos from Chipotle, but you’re wary of spending too much money. Food prices have been rising and if you eat out often enough, you’re probably searching for cheaper available options. While it may not be apparent at first, there are a number of ways to save money when you decide to dine out, including when you choose to do so at Chipotle:

In Store Gift Cards

You don’t have to buy a gift card for others. You can buy one for yourself and save in the process by purchasing a Chipotle gift card when you are at the restaurant. There are usually several denominations available near the cash register. If you purchase a $2

This entry was posted in Food / Groceries, Frugal, Personal Finance, Saving Money and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to 15 Ways To Save Money At Chipotle

1. greenday says:

What I often do when I’m taking Chipotle to go is that I asked for sides of salsa. Then I just use my own chips with their salsa.

2. sjlrc says:

I’m not sure how you can make the suggestion of not getting guacamole when at Chipotle. It is some of the most awesome stuff on earth and well worth the extra money.

3. michael says:

I must admit that of all the fast food type restaurants, Chipotle is by far my favorite. I think the food is a little bit higher quality than you find that most McDonald’s type fast food restaurants.

The way that I save money at Chipotle is to load up on the fillings. You can ask for extra of rice, beans, vegetables as well as all the toppings if you so desire. I simply asked for extras of all the things that I like and then the burrito becomes so big that there is no possible way that I could ever eat in one sitting. So I just cut it in half and I have an extra meal for later on. This turns what would be a seven dollar meal into two $3.50 meals. While you can do better if you make your meal at home on your own, this is a pretty decent price for eating out.

4. colleen says:

There is also another trick which I use all the time the side are only .75 cents each so we order a bowl of rice and beans for 1.50 and this is the important part DO NOT ADD ANYTHING ELSE NOT EVEN SALSA or they will charge you for a bowl. AFTER you pay ask for a side of salsa or sour cream if you like , some stores will give it to you for free some will charge .35 cents (still a good deal) it is very filling. I have even bought my child the rice and beans and myself the complete bowl then shared my toppings and meat with her.

5. Joan says:

Have only eaten there once, but my plate would have served four for lunch. Huge servings!

6. Amber says:

I find that two tacos are just right and three are too many. They will sell tacos individually, you don’t have to buy three at a time.

7. michael says:

Interesting idea. I may have to try that the next time I’m there.

8. spjlc says:

The portions that chipotle are huge and can easily be made into two or three meals, at least for me. I tend to opt for the children’s meal is this gives me plenty of food at a discounted price.

9. Jonathan says:

Just be sure to check your receipt, a class action suit was recently filed against Chipotle for skimming pennies from their customers by rounding purchases up to the nearest nickle.

10. SC says:

I find that they don’t charge for guacamole when I order a burrito. I decided to try that with a bowl, once, and I still didn’t get charged for the guacamole. Guess it depends on the store, how busy they are, and how well they pay attention.

11. Rev says:

Very good idea. The rice and beans would be a nice lunch.

12. Ben Dover says:

i want Chipotle

13. Monica says:

Guacamole is free if you get a veggie burrito or bowl. Ask for lots of black beans, the fajita vegetables and the salsa – you’ll get plenty of protien for under 400 calories, add the free guac and the calories go way up but c’mon its guac. Skip the cheese and sour cream and its still pretty guilt free. Yum!

14. ana says:

I work at chipotle but does anyone know if I can use my employee discount at any other chipotle or does it have to be at the one I work at?

15. Manager at chipotle says:

You can only use your discount in your store when you are off the clock. Little known fact is that you actually get 2 free meals when you work so long as they are 3 maybe 4 hours separated, not sure on the length. Also Triple meat is covered if you want to piss off your grill guy

16. Jones Pones says:

Get the vegetarian option, guac is included in the price. You won’t miss the meat.