House Ads: Paying Off Your Mortgage Through Advertising?

house ads

For anyone struggling to make their mortgage payment or whose house is currently upside down, the offer of someone paying your mortgage payments would seem like a dream come true. That is what an advertising company, Brainiacs From Mars, says it plans to do. They recently signed a deal with one homeowner to cover their home mortgage payment of $2000 for three months, and possibly up to a year. Before you get your hopes up that this is a solution to your current mortgage problems, it’s important to take a realistic view of what this offer is — nothing more than a publicity stunt. How do we know this? Because it doesn’t make financial sense.

This concept reminds me of car w

This entry was posted in Housing, Making Money, Personal Finance and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to House Ads: Paying Off Your Mortgage Through Advertising?

1. trish says:

I am happy that this won’t be a new way for people to pay off their mortgage. I would hate to live in a neighborhood where all the houses were decorated in advertising. It would be an ugly mess!!

2. Pingback: Carnival of Personal Finance # 349 | Sustainable Personal Finance

3. Oswaldo Briones says:

Please send more information about this program

4. Lesley Jenkins says:

Its ashame that this is what we have come to that this is even a thought but if they have a contract let me read then where do I sign?

5. Michael David Cilantro says:

I think it would not bother me at all.Thats like saying you would not live in a neighbor hood because a guy painted his house pink and put a unicorn in his yard.It should solely be up to the property owner and should never matter what others think.I just see why this would not be a good advertising venture but I do see potential and there could be a better way in which this would work.

6. Rene Hartono says:

I’d love to get more info on their program. Does anyone know if they pay the whole monthly mortgage payment or only a portion of it. I suppose that I need to find out the restriction/policies in my neighborhood even though its not part of a HOA. The city probably has some guidelines or ordinances regarding homes painted completely advertising someones brand.

7. David Ren says:

I own a marketing agency. Free Advertising that caused a stir during the housing crisis. Who’s next. Whats next. Only time will tell.

8. Megan Ancheta says:

If it helps the foreclosure crisis and the economy I’m all for it. How do I apply?

9. Mary Cohen says:

I’m glad a company’s out there thats trying to help us get out of this foreclosure crisis! This is such a great idea! Awesome!!

10. Lisa Flores says:

I’d do anything to keep the roof above our heads for my family. Looks like a small trade for a big reward to me. I’d sign up for this in a heartbeat.

11. Ken Vieja says:

Their company was recognized nationally. They really did hit the jackpot with free publicity though this campaign.

12. Stacy Rivera says:

I remember seeing about this on TV. Looks like a win-win situation for all parties here. I’m definitely 100% for it. Great marketing campaign!

13. Mike Munoz says:

Sounds like a crazy idea, but oh so clever. Never heard of anything like it before, but I love it. Kudos. I hope this idea goes through the roof and they save thousands of homes.

14. Erica Leyva says:

Everyone wins here… I love it!

15. Tyler Jacobs says:

I remember seeing this on the news and TV too. They generated quite a buzz nationally. Seemed like everyone was talking about them. Great marketing campaign!

16. Sydney James says:

This was a great idea and sign of the times. I would want them to promote my company. Were these the guys behind that HUVr hoverboad viral video? Wouldn’t surprise me.

17. Lester Miles says:

Even though home values have rebounded, there are still many families struggling to find work and pay their mortgages. All the manufacturing and IT jobs have gone to India and China and innovation is all we have left.

18. Leslie White says:

With all the publicity this got back in the day, I wouldn’t be surprised if they are truly behind many of the guerrilla type marketing campaigns we see today.