Use Less and Save Money! 25 Things You Can Cut Your Use in Half

dollar cut in half

You are using far too much of far too many things and you probably don’t even realize it. Most of it is simply out of habit although a good portion of it has it’s roots in commercials. No matter what the cause, becoming aware that you may be needlessly wasting money by using too much gives you the opportunity to examine the way you currently use things and see if you can get the results you want without using quite so much.

The key to remember is that there is not an exact amount that is correct for many of these items. You will need to experiment a little to figure out exactly how much is needed so that they perform the task they are meant for without using too little or too mu

This entry was posted in Financial Videos, Food / Groceries, Frugal, Health, Personal Finance, Saving Money, Shopping and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Use Less and Save Money! 25 Things You Can Cut Your Use in Half

1. benny says:

Loved the way too much cologne video. I know way too many people like that. I guess it’s time for me to suck it up and start using a bit less than I have been.

2. trish says:

We, as a society, use far too much. We are killing the environment as we waste, waste, waste. The issue is that the manufacturers make it far too easy for us to waste and it is in their best interest for us to do so. If we do, they earn more money. I wish people would learn to enjoy a simpler lifestyle using less and enjoying life more. Such a shame that most people will read this article and say “great idea” and then do nothing to change their habits.

3. Americans certainly do not know when enough is enough. We always think more is better!

4. pen says:

good article, I will read the directions on the container to see what the recommended amount is, and tend to use that amount. As you pointed out, this is often more then is truly needed, and commercials will show people using far more then the recommended amount.

5. frugal gal says:

One item you didn’t mention is feminine protection. :) Landfils are filled with the by-products of women’s monthly cycle. We can cut down this waste enormously AND save money for ourselves by using reusable products such as the Diva Cup. I’ve been using a Diva Cup for over 4 years now – a one time purchase of about $27 – and I won’t need to buy another one for 5 or 6 more years! It’s really pretty easy to use and to clean – and fits in even a small purse quite easily.

:D

6. Pingback: Carnival of Financial Planning – Personal Finance Edition #223 - 20's Finances | 20's Finances

7. Marianne says:

We do a lot of these things and haven’t really noticed them. Most of them I grew up doing- my mom always had us rip the dryer sheets in half and I use much less laundry soap than the bottle tells me to. When my mom taught me to make juice, she taught me to use 4 containers of water rather than three like the instructions say. I didn’t realize any of them were ‘frugal’ things until after I moved out and saw the things others did.

8. allison says:

If people are actually filling their entire palm with shampoo and conditioner, I can only imagine how quickly they are going through bottles. I have a hard time thinking anybody uses that much…

9. Mary E.S. says:

On saving water,I save the bath water from my childs bath and use it to flush the toilet and in the summer months to water my vegtables.A added effect from the soap in the bath water deters bugs from munching on my veggies and I don’t have to buy pesticides.

10. Rusty says:

This is a really great post and is very though. A lot if the item I never thought of.