101 Simple Pleasures That Don’t Cost A Dime

simple pleasures blowing dandelions

One of the things that makes getting ones finances in order difficult is the assumption that pleasure costs money. The truth is that it really doesn’t have to. The more that you enjoy the simple pleasures in life that don’t cost anything, the easier it is to get yourself out of the consumer mindset that happiness is derived from spending money.

The problem is that many of us forget the simple pleasures that we truly enjoy because there never seems to be enough time in the day to do all the things that need to get done. I think that it’s good to step back every once in awhile and remember all those little things that bring you happiness that don’t cost a cent.

The fo

This entry was posted in Frugal, Health, Personal Finance, Saving Money and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to 101 Simple Pleasures That Don’t Cost A Dime

1. Randy says:

Thanks for the reminder!

2. Mary says:

This is a good reminder to take a step back and remember what is important. being deeply in debt, this is something that I often have trouble doing. Thak you.

3. Christina says:

My cheap thrill: I like to see the deletion of spam-marketing blogs on SavingAdvice.com. My heart warms to see a clean list of new and updated blogs.

4. Jeffrey Strain says:

@Christina — it’s a never ending challenge.

5. Traciatim says:

What I find interesting is that you think these don’t cost a dime, but the vast majority of them are only applicable if you have money. Take for example #1 . . . “. Watching lightening storms out the window”. How do you have a window if you have no money? Sure, it doesn’t cost anything additional to what you already spend, but that doesn’t mean it has no cost.

6. @Traciatim I would disagree that “the vast majority of them are only applicable if you have money.” But even if this is what you believe, as I stated at the beginning, this is my list and yours may very well look very different. The purpose is to get you thinking about simple joys that don’t cost a lot. Nothing more :)

7. Jackie says:

I agree with the comment that these things can cost money, but if you don’t have a window just stand outside and watch the lightning. I love your list, Thanks for the reminder.

8. Linda says:

Thanks for these little daily pleasures. Your list has inspired me to create my own today.

9. I love it. I need lists like this to remind me of how much fun every day can be! I love playing fetch with my dogs to unwind from the day and even cleaning the house is relaxing!

10. 101 Centavos says:

I’m a sucker for any post with a hundred-and-one in it. Good list!

11. Amy says:

#6 is the best. And this list shows that you are a true romantic. :)

12. Denise says:

Positive thinking….Love it

13. Yvonne says:

Just to add two of my most favorite heart warmers:
    Watching a dog’s ear flap in the wind out of a car window, &
    Watching a dog wallow in the grass.

Thanks for the reminders, I like how you think!

14. Vicki Arnold says:

What a great list! Finding sea glass is on my hypothetical bucket list. :) I am also a food lover and agree that you could easily double that list by including food.