Watch Cable TV for Free (Legally) – Strange Ways to Save Money

There are few ways to save on TV viewing in your own home.

You can cut back your cable service to the minimum, or use a service like Netflix to supplement or replace your cable. You can buy DVD’s of TV shows and movies cheap on the used or clearance shelves. But short of going with what you can receive over the air or unless you have a great library/friend that loans DVD’s, there is no way to make TV viewing totally free. Or is there?

A coworker of mine has figured out how to watch almost all of his TV shows for free. He simply heads to public places that have TV’s and uses those. Since TV’s are everywhere these days, he has more success than you might think. When he w

This entry was posted in Entertainment, Frugal, Personal Finance, Saving Money and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Watch Cable TV for Free (Legally) – Strange Ways to Save Money

1. getforfree says:

Leaving house and going places costs money. I watch all I want on Hulu and I don’t have a tv at home. I have kids to take care of, so I don’t always have time to watch the whole thing right away, and I can pause show any time or watch it any time of the day.

2. pen says:

good idea… but I’m one of the people who watches the non popular animal documentary type shows.

3. Nika says:

That is like one step away from “no need to heat your house, you can ride all day on a bus, sit in a subway or in a library to keep warm”.

4. cameorose says:

I am as thrifty as I can be. I am always trying to save money. But I draw the line at being a free loader. People probably say “Oh no it’s HIM again”.

5. Sean says:

This has to be one of the stupidest things I’ve ever read on here.

6. Sheila Smith says:

Seriously?????

7. Tonto says:

I cancelled my costly cable and DirectTV 5 years ago, and I
    dropped Hulu because of of their intrusive ads. For the same price of only $7.99/month I’m now subscribed to commercial-free Netflix and Love It!