Free Recipes and Cheap Recipes Sources

I have a friend who is a foodie. She loves to cook and is always making new things. I was at her house the other day and I noticed the (literally) hundreds of cookbooks she has in the house. When I commented how many she had, she said, “Yeah, and it’s cost me a fortune. But I can’t find recipes that I like anywhere else.” With all the sources of free recipes out there these days, I found this hard to believe. Recipes are everywhere you look. You no longer have to buy expensive cookbooks to get good recipes. If you love to cook but wonder where you can find free and cheap recipes, here are some ideas.

Manufacturer web sites: Almost all of the major food manufacturers k

This entry was posted in Food / Groceries, Frugal, Personal Finance, Saving Money and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Free Recipes and Cheap Recipes Sources

1. rob62521 says:

I rarely purchase a cookbook anymore. I get cookbooks from the library and either write out or type out and save to a thumb drive recipes I like. If I don’t like the recipe, I get rid of it. If I like it, I keep it on a my recipe thumb drive and print it out and 3 hole punch it and put it in the notebook I have created with dividers.

You are correct, there are recipes everywhere!

2. Isabelle says:

I have a couple of recipe books I use regularly. One I bought for 5 pence – many years ago and it has recipes for just about everything and they all work.

Another is a book of wartime rationing recipes, good, healthy, tasty and cheap recipes – five ways to make sandwiched from carrots!

3. vegie says:

You’re right. There are so many good recipe sites that there’s really no need to buy cookbooks anymore.

4. Chris says:

How about the Food Network website?

Also just plug in the recipe that you are interested in into Google and get a whole listing!

5. Bindu says:

I don’t buy cookbooks. There are plenty of free recipes online. I even look for ways to preserve my extra fruit and veggies online. I do baking and I get the recipes online. Now I have a collection on my computer.
    There are recipes on top of the quick oats and things like that. I try them and if the result is good, I keep the recipe.
    With all these recipes at fingertips, who wants to buy a cookbook?

6. Kevin Wilderman says:

With all of the resources available on the Internet, what’s the point of buying a cookbook anymore? Seems like a waste of time and money to me, but to each his own.