Scoop the Poop: Strange Ways to Make Money

One of the newer businesses out there is, depending on your tolerance for such things, also one of the most disgusting: Poop scooping. You go from home to home cleaning up pet waste. This is one of those jobs that has to be done but which a lot of people prefer not to do themselves. Enter the professional poop scooper.

It’s a very simple business to start. You only need transportation to the homes on your route and clean up supplies. You can do it part time on weekends, so it can be a side job. If enough people in your neighborhood want to hire you, you may not even need to leave your subdivision in order to make money. Rates vary in different parts of the country, but generally you ca

This entry was posted in Making Money, Personal Finance and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Scoop the Poop: Strange Ways to Make Money

1. X-Large says:

Ok, well, you’ve pretty much have beat this topic to death so now can we move on please?!?!?

2. Dean Allen Wiegert says:

I could emagine if you wanted and needed to do this type of job,then I suppose why not. Your poop you collect could be dried and sold for fertilizer,making even more money for you.

3. Micah says:

I’m going to ask my leasing agent for a discount on my rent for picking up at my apartment complex! Thanks for the great idea!

4. Chris says:

Nice topic! There is a company in my town that runs ads all the time and with the ad they have a cartoon type graphic of a dog with a big pile under his/her rear end. Every time I saw that ad made me want to turn away because it is gross.

They finally quit putting the graphic in the ad probably because people were trying not to look at it. Not very good marketing.

5. Michael says:

This is very interesting. This can be another type of business you may want to try out since not all people would like to spend time to clean this problem.

6. scfr says:

Another way to market directly to your target customer: Many dog rescues put on dog-related outdoor events. Offer to clean up at the event in exchange for publicity.

7. Bindu says:

This is a very interesting article. somebody who is willing to to the work of a business and don’t bother by doing the scooping, here is all the information needed for the job.
    Thanks for the good work. I subscribe to this newsletter to read all the advice.

8. Jo/GaelicWench says:

Dean,

Dog waste cannot be “recycled.” They’re omnivores, but enough of their diet has meat and meat-by products. Composting/fertilizers are best made using flora aka plant material.

Dog waste does eventually break down when left on the ground long enough after exposure to the elements, but too much can leach into the water system and that could be a problem for someone who has a well.

Just some thoughts!