Frugal Living Can Suck

Sitting here at my computer, late on a Saturday night, I am thinking about one thing — frozen treats, whether ice cream or gelato or frozen yogurt. About fifteen hours ago, I told my wife that if we did nothing else today, we needed to go out for a frozen treat. If I had to survive on one thing, it would be ice cream. Specifically, it would be mocha chip ice cream but I am not really that picky. If it is cold and sweet, I’m game.

I never got my ice cream. I did take my wife and one of my son’s for ice cream, but I felt too guilty to join them in the indulgence. It was not the cost of the ice cream it was the calories and the fat. I knew I did not need them so, as diffi

[Continue Reading at]

This entry was posted in Food / Groceries, Frugal, Health, Personal Finance and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Frugal Living Can Suck

1. Annie Jones says:

I suppose saving money is easier for me, since I don’t think I’ve ever watched my caloric intake. When I was young, I didn’t really need to. Perhaps I should now that I’m a little older and wider, but I don’t.

2. KimD says:

Amen! I have been in a Frugal Frump the past few weeks (as well as a waistline-jump), really not enjoying the effort. Saving money on things we don’t need to get “free” money from a store really lost its fun and my storage room lost the space!

3. LLwill says:

Saving money is definitely more easy for me. Icecream just happens to be one of my favorite things. But, when I save money on my icecream it’s a win-win.

4. kate says:

One thing that I often do when I get the urge to splurge, is go online and start shopping. I get all of the “fun” of choosing things and adding them to my basket, but then I don’t follow through to the checkout. It works for me.

5. Nancy says:

I have to rethink the way I do things to stay on a frugal path.
    For instance, I would have found a coupon and purchased sherbet, or a lower calorie ice cream product, and would have taken it home as a treat for the whole family, including me!

6. Wenchypoo says:

Dude–be thankful you can EAT ice cream! I can’t–I’m allergic to dairy. You think you got troubles? Try multiple food allergies sometime!

7. fmp says:

You know another way you save money but enjoy your ice cream, is actually making it. I recently started baking my own bread 😀