Scheduling to Save Money

Believe it or not, your daily schedule says a lot about your spending habits. Is your schedule packed to the gills with spending opportunities? For example, do you schedule your days around eating out, going to the mall, or going to the movies? Are these the items on your to-do list that are most important? Or is your day scheduled around other, free activities such as exercise, reading, cooking, or playing games with your family? The person whose schedule revolves around spending activities will have a much harder time saving money than the person who schedules plenty of free activities into the mix. It sounds like it should be obvious, but many people build their daily lives around spendin

This entry was posted in Budgeting, Frugal, Personal Finance, Saving Money and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Scheduling to Save Money

1. Maureen says:

Excellent article.

As with any habits it’s about making those daily changes and planning ahead. I realise why I’m spending so little is that I literally live at my uni’s library! (I’m revising for my finals) I bring a packed lunch everyday and enough water so that I can leave my purse alone. I’ve realised I hate queuing to pay for food and find this takes more time than throwing together a lunchbox. Love the article.

2. Jaime says:

I really enjoyed this article. It once again shows that you need to be thoughtful and deliberate about your spending habits. You can save so much money just by paying attention to your own actions and inactions. Excellent reminder to apply this thoughtfulness in clever ways.

3. Joel says:

Good article and thoughtful responses. I would like to add
    a) Subscribe to your local fitness centre and spend many hours
    getting fit and should be value for money.

b)Buy videos and relax seeing films you like over and over again

c) What about walks in the parks?

4. CarolH says:

Great article!!
    If a person implemented just one or two of the suggestions, they would see considerable savings. It’s not about never spending to me, it’s about thoughtful spending versus thoughtless habitual spending.

I went from thoughtlessly getting a large coffee at the drive-through on my way to work daily to leaving home a little early one morning a week and having a medium coffee in the shop and going through their free book exchange shelves.

Thanks for writing this and all your other articles.

5. Gail says:

I was just thinking about this as we stopped to get some food after a doctor’s apt. When we only have an apt. every couple of months, this isn’t a big deal but this is the second one in two weeks and we have four more slated in the next 4 weeks. We are definitely going to have to think ahead on this one as we will be bleeding money otherwise and considering several of the apt. we don’t have insurance to cover we wil be outlaying a large sum of cash to cover them.

6. MoneyHoney says:

Grabbing food on the road is my downfall. You are so right about thinking ahead. A little planning can save lots of money.