Quotes To Motivate Your Finances

At the beginning of this year, I started posting a “thought for the day” on my Facebook page. I do this in part because I do not want my page to become stale, and in part because I enjoy the discussion that each quote generates. Not surprisingly, I have learned that the most life-affirming quotes are also the most likely to generate discussion. That makes sense because we all want to feel good about ourselves and our prospects. Words can evoke many different responses, but the best words are motivational, I think. Here are some of the quotes that I have enjoyed so far this year and how they can inspire us to move forward.

“Even if you’re on the right track, you&#

This entry was posted in Personal Finance and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Quotes To Motivate Your Finances

1. Jean says:

“The true measure of success it not money, power or things.
    It’s laugh lines.”

2. Ann says:

The Edgar Allen Poe quote has always been one of my favorites! :-)

Can’t tell you how much happier and peaceful my life is since I left corporate and it became simpler. LOL Give me dragonflies and flowers (or even snow and hoar frost), some stone and wood and tools to work with and my imagination and my life is filled with joy.

3. Louis Russo says:

Personally, I have always been a follower of Robert Browning’s “A man’s reach should exceed his grasp – or what’s a heaven for?” I used it as my mantra when I was teaching, and as a tool for encouraging my students.

4. baselle says:

This one’s a tad more direct, and useful during better times:

“Those who understand interest, get it; those who don’t, pay it.”

5. Somebody says:

Jesus saves…Moses invests.

6. Gail says:

Get busy living or get busy dying –Shawshank Redemption

Inspired me in the midst of chronic illness and pain to do what I could instead of sitting around moaning about life.

I like that Mark Twain quote. I get so tired of listening to people that you know have an adequate income bemoaning about how poor they are (and yet spend at least $5,000 on a husband’s fiftieth birthday party!!).