How I Make Money Sitting Around

By Linda D.

I’m able to sock away an average of $700 a month by sitting around. I wish I could say that I was bright enough to have come up with the way to sit and earn money, but the reality is that it kind of fell into my lap. This is what happened.

A friend was going away on short notice for a funeral and told me how she really didn’t want to put her two dogs in the kennel, but had no other choice. When she mentioned the cost for the two dogs was going to be $60 a day, I said more as a joke than seriously that I would stay at her house with the dogs for that. Her response was completely serious when she said that she would be thrilled to pay me if I would.

Her reasoning was si

This entry was posted in Making Money, Personal Finance, Retirement, Work and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to How I Make Money Sitting Around

1. Frugal says:

Wow! That’s a nice story. I wish I could do that too. Maybe I need to ask the neighbors…and let them know I am more than willing to dog sit while their away for $50/day. I can do my thing online too.

2. AJ says:

I would love to be paid for that.

3. Liz Amason says:

That is an excellent idea. I don’t have the flexibility in my schedule to do that type of work, so I have a home-based business and do a lot of it via the internet.

4. Broken Arrow says:

Great story! Thanks for sharing.

5. Tightwad says:

Wow….. is this seriously the first time that you people have heard of this idea before?!?
    Old news where I live!!

Don’t forget to offer to water their houseplants for them too…. that’s always very helpful.
    :D

6. minny says:

Very thoughtful article.

7. Jan says:

This article shows that it pays to keep an open mind and be ready for life’s little opportunities! Thank you for sharing.

8. gaelicwench says:

For myself, who is looking for a side business (aka second job), this would work well. All the money I would be earning from this would be socked away for my retirement.

Definitely worth thinking about in the near future….