Frugal Love

Men dread Valentine’s Day. Women love it. It’s a gal’s holiday. I realize that this is a generalization, not all men dread Valentine’s Day and not all women love it. But in general, women are more geared towards all that romance and mushy love stuff.

So, how can a woman please her man on Valentine’s Day cheaply while attempting to not go overboard or be excessively mushy? I have a few pointers to share that just might work for you, keeping in mind that what works for some might not work for others. Feel free to take these tips and expand them into your own ideas.

1. Most guys don’t like a big show, especially in the workplace, so don’t send him flow

This entry was posted in Frugal, Holidays, Personal Finance, Relationships and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Frugal Love

1. MIchelle says:

THANK YOU! :) As kind of an add-on to number 9, I have been wondering what to get my beloved for V-Day and finally I figured it out: When it comes to getting him something that he likes … listen. :) We were walking through Barnes & Noble when there was a book he pointed out. Sure it’s a compilation of essays by a bunch of male comedians who talk about being dumped, but when he says “that would be funny to read.” Wa-lah! Perfect gift.

2. Princessperky says:

A book about being dumped for valentines day?

3. Natalie says:

Wow, possibly the first blog on here that’s sexist especially number 4. Then number 3. Thanks for your priceless advice.

4. MIchelle says:

I know … it’s kind of ironic that I would get my honey a book on being dumped for Valentine’s Day. We’re getting married in April though, so he is in no fear of getting dumped. He’s pretty much stuck with me. :)

5. Panda Bear says:

I didn’t care for any of your ideas.
    I am planning on an inexpensive, but very nice picnic by a beautiful lake on a wonderful sunny and warm afternoon (it’s a GORGEOUS 75 degrees here today where I live).

CHANGE MY OWN OIL?!? ARE YOU HIGH, CLAREE?!:O
    I pay people to do that and I WOULD NEVER do that ESPECIALLY ON VALENTINE’S DAY! sheesh! That must be the all-time most unromantic thing that anyone could have ever suggested!

6. Michelle says:

Panda Bear – now you’re just rubbing it in. It was zero when I got out to my car this morning. :)

7. Panda Bear says:

We broke a record yesterday and expect to today… 82 degrees! And I still think that changing your car’s oil on Valentine’s Day is the worst idea that I have ever heard!! :)

8. Cyn says:

Panda Bore,

This is a list for MALES, not chicks. Most MALES don’t want to go on some stupid picnic. They’d rather show you how to change the oil in your car because MALES enjoy things like that. Show me a hetero man who wants to go on a picnic, and I’ll show you a guy who’s henpecked.

9. Lee says:

Gee, Cyn, let’s not show our immaturity and resort to name calling. If you disagree with another poster that is fine but at least have some integrity when doing so. When your post displays name calling and/or other rude remarks, you are showing your intelligence and being uncouth. That’s just a tip to help you better succeed in life.
    Oh and by the way, I am also doing the picnic (but at a lake), for my significant other. He is definitely NOT henpecked but rather one of the most romantic, passionate, loving, sexy, affectionate and *HOTTEST* man that I have ever known!!
    So Cyn, cheer up! At least one of us will be having a GREAT Valentine’s Day!:)

10. Gail says:

How I wish we were having 80 degree weather tomorrow! We have been snowbound in the house for what feels like months and we are hoping that it will be good enough to get out. It is our 7th anniversary! What will be special for my guy is the chance to rest tomorrow as he is exhausted from work. It will be nice to go out for awhile and spend time together and we both like doing the same things so we don’t have to work at making it special at the expense of the other.