Journaling for Financial Health

Over the years I have used many techniques to keep my finances in order and work toward my goals. Some methods have worked better than others, but I’m always on the lookout for new ideas and I’m willing to try anything that sounds reasonable. About two years ago, I tried financial journaling for the first time. I’ve kept journals off and on throughout my life, but those were recountings of the days events or rants directed at people that I couldn’t yell at in person. They were just collections of random thoughts, not entries focused on a specific topic.

Then I read a book (that I can no longer remember the title of) about guided or directed journaling. The idea is tha

This entry was posted in Personal Finance and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Journaling for Financial Health

1. Hilary says:

This was a great suggestion! I’ve always believed in “discovery writing” in class, but didn’t think about it for finances. I just tried my first entry and realized a lot of things!

2. Panda Bear says:

Sorry, nothing new here.

3. Ann says:

I think we spend a lot of time talking to ourselves, but when you journal, you listen to it.

I’ve noticed that when I discuss things with people, or when I use Instant Messaging, I have to make a case, and sometimes things are revealed.

I’d like to try this more personal introspective discussion.

4. Ruby says:

A great idea. I am new at journaling but this article encourages me to continue and help me find answers to my questions in confidence. Thank you

5. fathersez says:

Or start a blog?

I think this is the way to turbocharge any transformation that we want to make.

Regards