I Want to be a Frugalista!

This past year has been all about changes, some good and a lot not so good. We’ve ridden the gas price roller coaster and held our breath to see the first African American President get elected. Some have cried over the bouncing stock market and some have jumped on board and bought cheap, hoping to sell high.

The past year has forced us to expand our imaginations and stretch our pennies until they look like a train ran over them. It has also been a year filled with new technology, new attitudes, and new ideas. More people than ever before are exploring the road to become debt free.

Such a year could not be defined with the same old words. On November 30th while reading online, a word c

This entry was posted in Frugal, Personal Finance, Relationships, Saving Money, Shopping and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to I Want to be a Frugalista!

1. sandi says:

I LOVE that word! I want to be a Frugalista too!!

2. Stephen Waits says:

Sorry, I couldn’t get beyond “We’ve rode …”.

3. Bob says:

Ho-Hum. So-so, I guess… if you into fashion and all of that kind of junk.

4. Texas Girl says:

I have noticed its a lot more cool to be frugal. I have no qualms about pulling a pile of coupons out of my designer purse to buy groceries, and then having the sacker place them in my reusable shopping totes….when at one time I would have been mortified to do either of those things. My friends and I now sit around and chat about where you can get shampoo for free this week, and all think a bargain is a thrill!

5. Pingback: » Festival of Frugality #160 is in Withdrawal on the Festival of Frugality

6. Carol says:

I would change one thing and that is a real “Frugalista” would shop in her own closet. You could go broke buying all those “bargains”!

7. Hairstylist says:

Congratulations on your frugal goal. I saw your interview footage on NBC6. I am a professional Cosmetologist and if all of my good friends wanted free hair styles for an impressive, polished image for their professions, I could not afford to be frugal, I would be working for free. Kudos for you