Giving Back with a Few Clicks and Keystrokes

I spend a lot of time thinking about the holidays with thoughts about Christmas, cheap dates at Christmas (the holiday dates section), and the benefits of artificial Christmas trees among others. Whether you agree with my ideas or not, I believe that thinking about the holidays and how they affect your wallet is important.

I love the period of Thanksgiving to Christmas. If you do not celebrate Christmas, you may celebrate Chanukah or Quanzaa or Dinali or some other holiday. Regardless of whatever beliefs we may embrace, I believe first and foremost that it is really wonderful that at the end of our calendar year (at least in the West), we have a period of several weeks when we are reminded

This entry was posted in Frugal, Holidays, Personal Finance, Relationships and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Giving Back with a Few Clicks and Keystrokes

1. David G. Mitchell says:

Dawn — Thanks for alerting us to the dead link. The coupon quiz was working last week when I prepared the article but these programs often change. I’ve asked the powers that be to remove that paragraph from the article.

2. ~Dawn says:

Thanks for the list of links to check out
    Also, the link for the coupon quiz is not working

3. Mr. GoTo says:

Another option is to make a contribution to the USO which delivers a lot of valuable services to military families at this time of year.

4. My fault – lousy html on my part – the coupon quiz link is working now.

5. Jo says:

Thanks for your free tips. Posted the the widget to thank the troops on facebook. Will do the feed and rice ones next. Thanks again.

6. Ann says:

I have a “thing” about Toys for Tots and tend to give to them at Christmas, along with the Salvation Army. They’re defnitely not free but little kids hungry or without a toy to play with bugs me. I was disturbed to hear how ungrateful some parents can be concerning donated, new items to Toys for Tots, which made giving a ittle sadder this year. But then I thought of a little boy or girl smiling ’cause they have their very own stuffed animal or truck or doll and got over it. LOL

I already had all of the sites you have listed except the coupons on on my links. You forgot to menton that, if you look at the top of the Hunger Site, you can quickly go to the breast cancer site, the help children site, the literacy site, the rainforest site and another one that I’ve forgotten right now and, by a click, donate for nothing there too! Basically, there are six really convenient, free to the giver sites all right there.

I’m still wrapping things for a couple of Salvation Army angels and have decided that next year I’m just giving money for food and clothes! LOL I really don’t like wrapping.

7. Blair Hunt says:

Another great charity site is AIDtoCHILDREN.com. It donates money to children in need through World Vision.

Check it out at http://www.aidtochildren.com