Ten Reasons to Join the American Automobile Association

When I was growing up in the 60’s and 70’s, it seemed that everyone except my parents were members of the American Automobile Association (AAA). Roadside assistance was the great appeal, especially in the days before cell phones. I recall being quite jealous of the silver and red AAA stickers that my friends had in their cars and could never really understand why my Mom and Dad did not belong to the same club.

By the time I was about ten, I stopped noticing or caring about the AAA stickers and I did not think of AAA again until I was in my late twenties and married. My wife was adamant that we needed AAA because, heaven forbid, we might need roadside assistance. I figured th

This entry was posted in Cars, Insurance, Personal Finance, Saving Money, Travel and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Ten Reasons to Join the American Automobile Association

1. Joan says:

Or, you can join the [b]Better World Club[/b] which beats or meets AAA prices and does not lobby against environmentally favorable laws related to cars, fuels, mass transit, bicycles, hybrids, highway funding etc.

2. Christina says:

Ditto Joan. I’m a Better World Club member, and after reading its literature and AAA’s literature, signing up was an easy choice. I used to be an AAA member, before Better World Club came on the scene.

3. catmom says:

Farmer’s works for me. (but we’re obviously in different income brackets!) I had AAA for twenty-five years and hardly EVER used it.

4. Jo says:

I had no idea that AAA had so many awesome benefits. I was always under the impression that AAA was only for roadside assistance. Thanks for sharing.

5. Pat MaGroine :0) says:

Thanks for the tip on the Better World Club. Gonna check it out ASAP!

Pat MaGroine :0)

6. Alice Kramer says:

I am an insurance agent and a AAA will give you a 10% on your auto insurance with one of our companies and if you have been with AAA for 10 or more the discount is even higher. There are benefits and the bottom line is the membership is worth it if you use it. Thanks

7. Joe the mechanic says:

fix it yourself. who needs AAA anyway.

8. matt tori says:

why on earth would anyone join a club other than AAA? Just because they say they are more enviromentally friendly? Tell me, when you are stuck in 30 below degree weather, and need a tow up in Wells, Vermont, who do you think will have the better network? AAA, who has been around since the dawn of time, or this new, run of night “eco-friendly” organization that costs more (I checked out the site, its 40 percent more expensive)and whose network is tiny compared to AAA?

We all need to start realizing that while efforts to live green need to be made, they cannot be made at a sacrifice to basic human needs. Wake up people and get off the “everything needs to be green” bandwagon.

9. Pingback: Group Discounts - SavingAdvice.com Blog

10. Pingback: Getting the Best Deal When Making Hotel Reservations - SavingAdvice.com Blog

11. Pingback: Home Office Equipment That Will Save Money - SavingAdvice.com Blog

12. richard fish says:

hee is an awsome benefit, even if your truck is the same pick up truck who’s bed rusted out and you put a flat bed on it you are no longer covered. after being a plus card holder for years and a loyal fan — i can only wonder at who is running the show at the top of this ice burg.

13. Pingback: Should I Buy An American Car? - Saving Advice