31 Ways to Improve Your Career Today

business handshakeWhile I currently work for myself, there was a time when I actually worked for a large corporation. My time there taught me that corporate life wasn’t the career path that I ultimately wanted to walk down, but that didn’t stop me from learning a lot of solid advice from the mentors I met there that continues to be helpful to me to this day.

When it comes to your career, it is usually small things over a long period of time that add up to the success that you achieve. Getting into the habit of making small improvements on a daily basis will reap huge rewards in the long run. If you find yourself with nothing to do, whether at work or at home, here are 31 actions you can take to h

This entry was posted in Personal Finance, Work and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to 31 Ways to Improve Your Career Today

1. jackie says:

I guess I have no excuse not to do something to improve my career today now. Thanks for the list!

2. greenbay says:

After reading this, I think I need to work on what my career goals are more. It seems that if I can focus those, it may help me take the other steps I need to get a better job.

It’s tough when you are stuck in a job where you know there is no place to go, but leaves you so exhausted at the end of the day that you don’t have the energy to do much else besides crawl into bed.

3. damon says:

Wow, well said!

I’m a procrastinator as well, and you have put a lot of tips in here that I think will help.

4. Francine says:

These are all great tips and I am printing them to remind myself periodically.

I find the most difficult task on here is finding what you love to do. I once met a older man (70’s) in Hungary that ran a small restaurant, he had been in several professions in his life including an author of a book and a president of an international business club. At this time I was visiting Hungary as an intern and he said to me and a friend, “he had never worked a day in his life.” My friend and I at this time were discussing what we wanted to do after college. Confused we asked him how that could be, his response “I loved what I was doing and pursued my ventures therefore it never seemed like work”.

I am so thankful for our paths crossing as this has really made a difference in the way I look at work.

All that being said, it is still difficult to make money at what you love, or love what you make money at.

5. C. Costes says:

This article is indeed a great help for me especially that my momentum to pursue my doctoral degree which i have already started has declined.

Thanks and more power.

God bless you more!

6. R says:

Am in my 20s. Had a great conversation with my father yesterday that has made me want to look into my career and look for ways to get out of the daily routine, which hasn’t gotten me anywhere satisfactory.

I do want a career change, but the thought of putting my manager in the “reference” part really puts me off the whole thing. What if my manager finds out that I am looking for a new job? If I am unsuccessful at finding a new job, then I feel I am risking my chances of getting promoted in my current job. Because the manager will feel that I am looking for a new job, so whats the point in giving me ‘that position’ or ‘that opportunity’? Can you give me some tips about this?

Regards,
    R

7. Ben says:

Great tips – some of them I think I was already following, but some of them I weren’t! I like it how you’ve mentioned networking and how important speaking to people is – not a lot of people realise this.

8. Dayan says:

This is a really good job and usefull to me

9. Br says:

R,

i know we’re talking a year later, but how did you go with this? im in a similar bind at the moment and just curious as to whether you tackled this head on, or are still sitting on your hands.

Thanks