Eight Ways to Get Cash in Hand by the End of the Week

money in hand

On a recent visit to the Yahoo! Answers website, I found a lot of questions that boiled down to the same thing: How can I make money (usually about $100) fast (usually by the end of the week)? Apparently this question is on many people’s minds. So here are a few answers:

My best answer is to hold a yard sale. Gather up everything you no longer need or want, put it in front of your home, and ask people to buy it. Depending on the quality and quantity of your stuff, you should be able to earn about $100 by the end of your sale, but you will also have to part with some of the things you already own.

Auctioning off your things is also an option, of course, but online auction sites

This entry was posted in Making Money, Personal Finance, Work and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Eight Ways to Get Cash in Hand by the End of the Week

1. Lisa says:

Alot of people have a penny/change bucket/jar that they could cash in. Check your old coat and jacket pockets and ladies check all those purses for change and bills. I admit to finding money in jacket pockets in the fall after not having worn the it since last spring. Usually not $100 but combined with a change jar it probably would be.

2. Chrissy says:

You could sell your plasma.

3. SaveForHouse says:

If you have some gold and/or silver coins around the house, these are an easy and instant way to get cash. Gold and silver is what I like to call “real money” as opposed to “funny money”, the US dollar. It’s accepted at coin stores everywhere and also pawn shops. In recent years, gold and silver have appreciated quite a bit (along with the price of oil) so you may get a lot more for those old coins than you thought. The only catch here is you want to do your research to make sure you’re getting a fair price. Definitely only do business with reputable coin shops. Also, I recommend over the long term buying back your coins because they’re good luck in my opinion!

4. Winkie says:

Speaking of gold, don’t forget about selling old/broken jewelry. For a couple of broken necklaces, a couple of earrings with no mates, a pair I no longer wore, a broken bracelet, and a couple of rings that were too small, I got over $400. If you need emergency cash, try looking in that jewelry box.

5. Read Deut. 8:18, with faith and then you tell me about your blessing.

6. wealthman says:

Wonderful article. I would suggest people concentrate on things that can not only make them money this week, but have the potential to continue to create additional funds over a longer period as well. You want to build an income stream so that having to get money by the end of the week is not a weekly occurance.

@ Dr. Robert Murray – I’ll call your BS. Reading (and having faith in religion) will do nothing unless you take action. And the truth is that fi you take action, there is no need for the faith.

7. Disco Man says:

Wealthman, please do not chide the good doctor. Heed the words of Proverbs 8:36. May you know the peace of having Christ Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

8. Amity says:

Step 1: Get off the computer. (:

— But those are some good simple ideas.. I would say takes longer than a week to set up though,

9. nick says: