Improve Your Decision Making Skills to Improve Your Finances

This entry was posted in Budgeting, Personal Finance, Saving Money and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Improve Your Decision Making Skills to Improve Your Finances

1. Madhu says:

Hi Shannon! I like your post and I wish you will get more and more time to write.

Management more than money matters!

Thank you for your post.

Happy earning,thinking and then spending and investing.

Cheers.

2. deanna says:

I sometime wish for simpler times when there weren’t quite as many choices as there are today. It can all get overwhelming.

Learning how to decide is a skill that people rarely realize is a skill. They think there is no practice needed, but once you realize that every choice has a consequence, you realize how difficult it is to be a skilled decider.

I’m still learning, but I am actively pursuing bettering my decision making skills.

3. roberts says:

Thank you for this article. One of the hardest things to convince people is that personal finances has only a little bit to do with money. It has to do much more with how we act with making decision being one of the ways we act. I will be passing this along to my list of friends.

4. cheryl says:

I think this is at the root of many spending issues today that did not exist when I was growing up in the 70′s. Not only are there exponentially more consumer goods to aspire to, our thinking is more distracted and impulsive, in general. As an educator, I do a variety of trainings and often try to talk about this issue of identifying values,setting goals and establishing priorities. I think it helps in determining how we spend not only money, but also time and energy.

5. The Hoss says:

Setting financial priorities is definitely having an ability to determine what is need versus what is wanted.

The Hoss

6. Joseph Ganem says:

I share your frustration with too much choice. It irritates me when I shop, the amount of time I waste looking for simple items. I spent 15 minutes in the dairy isle the other day looking for heavy whipping cream. I found dozens of flavored coffee creamers, cream substitutes, fat-free creamers, lactose-free creams, cans of whipped creams in various flavors, but no heavy whipping cream. It

7. Steven says:

I just finished reading The Paradox of Choice by Barry Schwartz. It’s a great read to compliment this great post.

8. Valentino Buoro says:

Your article makes very interesting reading. I think the key word here is practice.Some people drop off such laudable practice of thinking through their expenditures simply because they try and fail a couple of times. To some others who buy on impulse the only restrictive factor is when they have no cash on them. That is why I am also convinced by the sound advice that those who fall into this second category should do a budget daily and keep on them just enough cash to meet the the budgeted expenditure. Be this as it may, one crucial issue here is , what happens in a case of financial emergency.