Weekend reading is a round-up of personal finance reading that has caught our eye that may be of interest to you:
Discussions From The Forums
These are threads started this past week within the forums which have created quite a bit of discussion:
- I hate waste
- Will I save a lot of money by NOT having kids?
- lost my job today
- Buying a house close to a main road, thoughts?
- Collecting money from a family member
- Has anyone ever donated plasma?
- Your commute to work: how far, how much time, what means to you use?
- Single income vs dual income for retirement
- Essential to your well being?
- No Plan, No investments, No Idea. Need Help
- Newbie here–budget advice (help me save/invest more wisely)
- Do you have a pension?
- Help me spice up my portfolio!
- gagets to save on utilities
Personal Finance Articles:
These are some of the personal finance and money related stories that caught our eye this week:
- The No-Dig Garden – How To get abundant food with little water
- A Bull Market Sees the Worst in Speculators
- How Obama Handles His Money
- How McCain Handles His Money
- Problem gamblers sue casinos for $3.5 bln
- Building Wealth Consciousness From Within
- Buying New to Bail on Old Home Loans
- 12 Investment Mistakes Couples Make
- Locavore: Eating only what grows around you
- When You Weren’t Looking, They Were Working
- Lazy portfolios for stagflation
- The Great Seduction
- Obnoxious Advertising
- Save on Hospital Bills
- One man boldly goes beyond the use-by dates on his food
- We are all nine meals from anarchy
- At $4 A Gallon, Everybody Gets Rational
This Week’s Money Carnivals
Blog carnivals are always a great place to see the best writing from a large variety of blogs from around the blogosphere:
- Personal Finance