Discussions From The Forums
These are threads started this past week within the forums which have created quite a bit of discussion:
- Changing ones mindset to save more?
- Went to see this house today…
- Worst Justifications for Spending You Have Ever Heard
- How to properly dispose my PC?
- Net Worth: How do you stack up?
- Do My Kitchen Appliances Have to “Match”?
- My long ass Rant…and there is a question in there to
- Your Home, Asset or Liability
- How is your PERSONAL economy?
- How often do you check your FICO score?
- Figuring Out Taxes?
- What should a “typical” middle class couple “have” by age 40?
- Investing for the little guy
Personal Finance Articles:
These are some of the personal finance and money related stories that caught our eye this week:
- Oil trading probe may uncover manipulation
- Representatives seek life extension of COBRA
- Workers shifting to 4-day week to save gasoline
- California Lawn Mower Exchange 2009
- Cost of converting entire U.S. to electric cars? Zero
- 30% of Californians used home equity to buy their car last year
- 8 Reasons to celebrate $8 a gallon gasoline
- Walmart Trying to Keep Down Cost of Food
- The Truly Best Energy Policy? Keep Gas Prices High
- Recalling the suburban gas riots of 1979
- Wealthy cut back selectively
- Middle Class Worse Off Than Thought
- As Home Prices Drop Low Enough, a Committed Renter Decides to Buy
- RBI is flashing “buy”
- Gas Tank Thefts Becoming More Common
- What Britney Spears Can Teach You About Saving Money
- The Value of a Human Life: $129,000
This Week’s Money Carnivals
Blog carnivals are always a great place to see the best writing from a large variety of blogs from around the blogosphere:
Image courtesy of phunkstarr