Financial Advice from a Call Girl: How Great Sex Can Make You Rich

great sex

When people think about the best financial advice they have ever received, it usually comes from a family member, a close mentor or a financial guru. So it’s with a bit of embarrassment that I must admit that the best financial advice I ever received came from a call girl I slept with in my younger days. Even more surprising, it wasn’t intended to be financial advice, but what seemed to be almost an afterthought that she shouted back at me on he way out the door:

“Don’t marry her if she isn’t great in bed.”

While her comment always stayed in the back of my mind, I never looked at it as financial advice until I realized where I am in my marriage and where

This entry was posted in Personal Finance, Relationships, Saving Money and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

55 Responses to Financial Advice from a Call Girl: How Great Sex Can Make You Rich

1. grimsley says:

I must admit that is one of the best pesonal finance headlines I’ve read in quite some time. It got me to look.

2. faith says:

Anyone that has no moral compass and would sleep with a prostitute should never be allowed to give advice to others. It is disgusting that you are allowed to write for this blog.

3. pjmama says:

I think it is important to consider everyone’s beliefs concerning sex and not judge them too harshly. In many places in the world sex is believed to be healthy, and necessary. And not necessarily only for procreation. There are cultures where sex is compared/paired with meditation even.

But that aside, I think this is a fabulous article. I find many of these points to be very true, though a bit untraditional :) Great job on writing an article that is innovative, eye-catching, and useful. I’ll have to try a few of these out :)

4. Sam Pittsburgh says:

great article.

5. wealthman says:

It’s not often I come across an article that catches me completely by surprise. A nice change of pace reading this one.

6. ginger says:

I think that there is more to a relationship that mere sex and this article does a disservice to what relationships are supposed to be. What if the person meets all your needs in every other area and the sex is good, but not great? Are you saying that it would be a financial mistake to marry that person? I should just dump him because even though he’s a sweet guy and makes me happy, the sex isn’t “great?”

This is obviously written by a man and doesn’t take into account that there is more to a relationship than sex.

7. Jill Kynte says:

Re: “faith” I’m so glad that I don’t have a straight-laced partner like you.

8. davis says:

Some really uptight people here. Nothing wrong with great sex in my opinion, but the whole theory goes to hell if someone accidentally gets pregnant. Then it isn’t cheap entertainment at all!!!

9. Cindy M says:

Right, not to mention STDs and other unforeseen weirdo problems that go could go along with paying for sex from the kind of individual who can’t think of anything better to do with her or his life than charging strangers for sex. You might give that a thought. These are NOT stable people.

10. justme says:

sex has cost me more money than it ever saved me I have 3 children

this “article” is streching it a bit LOL

11. ActYourWage says:

I’m sorry but these articles are getting pretty pathetic.

12. Some Guy says:

Sex is an effect, not a cause. If you have a good relationship, the sex will take care of itself.

13. Another Guy says:

To “Some Guy” post above: I tend to disagree. There are plenty of couples who are great as a couple…a family unit; “partners” if you will. That doesn’t mean that the sex will be great, or even “good” for the matter.

The problem I have with this article is with comparing this to my own past history. Sex has always been great with wild, crazy chicks (who have limited inhibitions). Problem is, for the same reasons that the sex was great, it created bad relationships. Crazy chicks are great in the sack, but aren’t usually the best spouses.

14. psyop says:

I always enjoy reading about concepts presented in new ways. Sexuality is a major part of being human. If one or both partners are unsatisfied with that aspect of their relationship, the whole thing fails.

15. asmom says:

Great article, interesting read……EXTREMELY OPTIMISTIC. Trust me, I’ve been married 18 years, the sex can still be great, routine or downright tedious. I admire your creativity, I wonder what your wife thinks about your plans to get rich by never taking her anywhere instead relying on sex to be your primary source of entertainment. Hmmmm…..

16. Mike says:

“Sex is not a way to save money. It is a way for a good Christian couple to raise a family. This is the worst financial article I have ever read.”

hahahahahahahaha….(deep breath)….hahahahahahaha

That is all.

17. poundwise says:
  18. robf says:

Hey [Faith] shut up, who are you to judge, you moonbat. Moral compass indeed, I wish that moral compass of yours covered judging everyone else with your narcissistic i’mbetterthanyou crap tin attitude. also, keep your bloody religion to yourself, those of us who think your christian god is false, don’t care what you have to say anyhow, so if you don’t think sex is a beautiful, wonderful, and quite fun, thing, you’re failing to see how it’s designed… and please DON’T raise a family, it’ll just be a killjoy like yourself… I bet you have weak hips and sharp knees anyhow, no wonder you’re so judgemental.

19. mark says:

whether or not great sex is going to make me rich or wealthy, I wish I would have listened to two key points in this article:

Don’t marry her if she isn’t great in bed

Great sex means that you have no reason to cheat on your partner, you’ll stay married.

Maybe then I wouldn’t be divorced!! LOL

20. kudang says:

@faith

I’m sure your spouse is getting some on the side right now

21. CJ says:

Wow, Faith. A little hung up, are we?

Don’t bother calling me.

@SomeGuy: Sex won’t necessarily “Take care of itself” in a good relationship. Sex is an essential part of any good relationship, but it does require more than just a good relationship to have truly great sex. Call it chemistry, magnetism, lust, or whatever you want… great sex is the combination of a great relationship and a few key intangibles.

22. atheist fornicator says:

So, Faith, how are people of other (or no) religions supposed to raise a family?

Or are only ‘Good Christians’ supposed to breed?

People like you make me sick!

BTW, I am going to do my best to have sex out of wedlock tonight.

23. justme says:

funny everyone is hating on faith for her christian values more than some guy willing to pay for sex with a prostitute LOL

24. Deep Thrust says:

I would so do the guy in the picture

25. justme says:

not me the girl in the picture does not look happy or satisfied

26. Shakes n Bake says:

Great article!

I wonder if the girl in the above picture has a sister…

27. Satan says:

faith, you’re an idiot. If you could lay down you’re un-christian judgements (remember, jesus said “he that throws the first stone… ) ? Yeah, so go back and read that Bible you love so much

28. guitarbuddy says:

This comment is for faith. So-called Christians are responsible for a goodly portion of the world’s ills, including the slaughter and enslavement of countless millions of people, so your moral compass isn’t working very well. Grow up and stop telling others what to do with their private parts.

29. Bob says:

So, you’ve never seen a movie, never leave the hotel room on vacation, and 15 years later you’re still anxiously awaiting that night’s steamy lovemaking session?

I want to call shenanigans, but the romantic in me wants to believe that this is possible, however unlikely.

30. Seraphimc says:

Well…. this is an interesting use of my photo.

At least my models had a good sense of humor about it.

31. whipsaw says:

Certainly not what I was expecting from a personal finance article but I have to say that I can’t disagree with any of it.

Can you quantify how much money sex has saved you this year? I’ll know then if it’s worth it!

32. Scanner says:

Well, I don’t think he was commenting on whether it was acceptable to sleep with a call girl or not. . .just commenting on the advice she gave him.

Why can’t a call girl give good advice?

Maybe the call girl had a lot of perspective on failed marriages.

(do ya think?)

Got to give this essay 4 stars though. . .it did make me read it and his claims are logical and well-thought-out, although I do think there is a male bias to the article (I am male and I think I have learned a smidgeon about females in my 40 years on Planet Earth).

Ask an average “sex in the suburbs” housewife about a vacation at the Blinking Pink Motel in Niagra or Vegas with mirrors on the ceiling and most husbands aren’t going to get a thumbs-up at the suggestion that they stay in the sack all week.

All in all. . .a good essay in theory though.

33. kc says:

@Faith
    You’re a dumb ass. God is dead.

In regards to the article, I beg to differ on one point–when I have a great sex life, I eat out WAY more often ;)

34. Hilary says:

This is just laughable:

If you have great sex together, there is a lot less likelihood that either one of you will see divorce as something that you want or need.

I wonder if the author took any time at all to actually verify his claims, or if he just said the first thing that popped into his mind. Just because he lives a one-dimensional life does not mean that everyone does. Many marriages break up even if there is great sex, because believe it or not, marriage is about more than sex.

35. Oh Brother says:

re: Faith, I’ve saved about 10% of my income when I stopped going to church. Btw, sex is good but masturbation saves more money. Get it done and release the tension and go about your life. You won’t want to date and court. You won’t spend money to impress others.

36. TopWaysToSave says:

I think its an interesting idea and definitely thought provoking. Obviously Faith thinks you should burn in hell for something you did in your younger years. You should just change it to something your mom told you and also change the words “great sex” into “great conversation” for Faiths approval.

37. icarus says:

uhmmm isn’t even the greatest sex kinda repetitive? I mean hurrah for sex and all, but isn’t this over-doing it a bit?

If having sex again and again satisfies you so much that you don’t get bored enough to read, or watch movies, or travel…aren’t you most probably a stupid and uninteresting person?

38. reflectionite says:

i thought this article was great and it’s obviously got some attention!
    personally i think ‘faith’ is a hypocrital moron.
    anyone that passes a harsh judgement on their first paragraph and then rags on about christian values (ummm… judge not lest thee be judged? *cough*) clearly deserves to be slapped.

that’s all i have to say on that matter.

i say, bring on more of these articles! they are welcome on my end and i’m sure many more who aren’t prudes would love to read them.

39. swimgirl says:

LOVE IT!

My spouse and I joke that if there had been free cable in married student housing when we were in graduate school, we wouldn’t have so many kids! Heck, we could have paid for cable and saved money.

Great article. Thanks for writing something so thought-provoking and non-traditional! MOST people seemed to be pretty entertained!

40. van girl says:

Interesting view will get my partner to read when he gets home from work!! Great article. What about Mary Magdalene Faith?

41. Mister Matt says:

Anyone so quick to judge the morals of others obviously is not a real Christian. It’s pretty much the polar opposite of Christ’s teachings. Sex is not a way to raise a good Christian family. That makes no sense. Sex can be a means of procreation for those who are able to procreate, Christians or not. Sex is a way for a couple to attempt to have a child together, but it is not what you use to raise them.

That said, it is a thought-provoking article. It makes some valid points, but there is something to be said about couples who place too much importance on sex. Many other levels of the relationship could suffer and if it gets to the point of being obsessive, sex could easily lead to financial difficulties as well.

42. AJC @ 7million7years says:

It’s not just the advice that you received, but HOW you receive it that counts ;)

43. Ben says:

Great sex can be acheived without getting married.

In fact, NOT getting married is the best financial advice that everyone should be aware of!

44. doris says:

this was great!!!i never really thought about how much our great sex life was saving us. you are correct on most every point. goona share this with my partner.

45. definitely one of the most surprising things i’ve read in a while!

46. BigMoneySaver says:

Great article! A lot of very valid advice. Good sex can outweigh 95% of the problems people have in relationships.

47. Pingback: Carnival of Personal Finance #155 — Time With Family | Moolanomy

48. Mulan Jameela says:

This is totally rubbish. You are just throwing away morality issues and then try to hook it up with financial matters.

49. Pingback: Wills and Trusts Giveaway Winner, plus The Carnivals!

50. Velvet Jones says:

Clearly this article was written by a man, because anyone who would say sex saves you money isn’t thinking about the cost of birth control, pregnancy, and/or abortion.

I understand that sex is great and can be used for “entertainment” if you’d like. However I’m mystified on how the author failed to factor in the above realities and their costs. They would go for singles or people in relationships/married.

FAIL.