Stamp Out Hunger Day
May 10th is national “Stamp Out Hunger” day. On Saturday, May 10th, your mail carrier will collect any non perishables that you have and donate them to food banks in over 10,000 communities. Mark your calendars!
Discussions From The Forums
These are threads started this past week within the forums which have created quite a bit of discussion:
- GPS System
- Daughter uncomfortable with expensive gifts
- Is weight watchers worth the money?
- Wants vs Needs
- Help empower me to move on
- Ga$ and Grocerie$ today
- Help! Do I need to move?
- Save Money & Your Brain – Get Rid of Cable TV
Personal Finance Articles:
These are some of the personal finance and money related stories that caught our eye this week:
- One Guy Who Has Seen It All Doesn’t Like What He Sees Now
- Middle class malaise isn’t just here– it’s in Europe too
- Bread Prices Soar – But Who or What’s To Blame?
- Credit Score Confusion
- Find Your Crossover Point to Financial Independence
- Social Security Sounder Than You May Think
- American Consumerism Turns
- Suburbs: The Next Slums
- McCain seeks tax credit to help buy health insurance
- Buffett says recession may be worse than feared
- Great re-opened funds to buy
- More Excellent Small Space Living
- Are you on the Recession Diet?
- Eight Types of Income The IRS Can’t Touch
- For the Brain, Cash Is Good, Status Is Better
- How To Know When Housing Has Bottomed Out
- How To Go Broke On $100,000 A Year
- Reducing Pet Costs
This Week’s Money Carnivals
Blog carnivals are always a great place to see the best writing from a large variety of blogs from around the blogosphere:
Image courtesy of phunkstarr