How To Get Magazines For Free

I love to read and will read just about anything. Needless to say, before I turned frugal I spent a lot of money on books and magazines. I solved the book problem by frequenting my local library. Magazines were a bit more difficult. Sure, I can read them at the library (and sometimes I do), but there’s no comparison to curling up on my couch and reading without interruptions, harsh fluorescent lighting, or time constraints. In other words, there’s no substitute for having plenty of magazines at home.

I’ve solved my magazine addiction in several ways. The first is finding ways to acquire free subscriptions. I was surprised at how many national publications can be acquired f

This entry was posted in Saving Money and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to How To Get Magazines For Free

1. We pass around magazines in the breakroom at work. Makes for a great variety.

2. Grace says:

I used my coke rewards to get a free subscription(mostly from people who drink coke at work) I would take the cap and upload the codes from my mobile phone so I was able to get a year free of SELF magazine!

3. phyllis says:

4. Mike says:

I am active in my church. A nursing home near me really appreciates magazines. Their residents have little money, but love to read.

I will put a bin out once a month at my church, people know to put magazines into it and I collect between 5 and 50 each time.

I go thru them, pick out the 5 to 10 I want to see and take the rest to the nursing home. The next month I take the ones I held back to read plus the new ones I collected.. I keep none of them, but enjoy reading them.

Plus even a 20 minute visit with the seniors makes both of us feel better.

5. alisa says:

Tradepub magazines will come with lots of unsolicitate phone calls. Some of them are good though.

6. Pingback: Managing Subscription Costs - SavingAdvice.com Blog

7. sachin says:

i want free magzines for human resourse management & computer language vb & dotnet

8. Moh (Algeria) says:

I’d like some free magazines like “TIME” or “NEWSWEEK”(old or recent. Thanks!

9. Pingback: Sell Old Magazines: Strange Ways to Make Money - Saving Advice

10. theek says:

i want to get some nice magazines to home address..is there any free site for that…………..????????????

11. Penny says:

My boyfriend is in Iraq for this year. He really enjoys reading Popular Photography and American Photo but he is not able to enjoy them in Iraq. I would like to send him Jan to Dec 2011 of both magazines. He works hard and long 12 hour shifts 6 days a week. This would really make his day. How can I make this happen?

Penny