The Great Secret to Cheap Dental Care

cheap dental care

Within the US and Canada there are over 60 dental schools which provide inexpensive dental treatment. With locations all over the US from Louisville, New York City, Ft Lauderdale, Los Angeles, Omaha, and Chapel Hill it is very likely there is a school nearby. As a dental student, I’d like to reveal some factors to consider when choosing to get dental work done at a school.

Insurance

Dental schools accept most insurances. It is still a good idea to call the school ahead of time to be sure there are no problems. Going to a school may be a good option if the regular dentist drops insurance coverage.

Expert overseers

When I started dental school, I was surprised to find that celebr

This entry was posted in Health, Insurance, Medical, Personal Finance, Saving Money and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

71 Responses to The Great Secret to Cheap Dental Care

1. gwenautea says:

i think this is great by letting people know with low income here they can get their teeth fix. thank again gwen

2. Jodi Keddy says:

I am happy with the sight and support and also has resorces

3. lois hillestad says:

can you tell me if Santa Rosa Californa has a dental school where I can go for treatment?

4. Maria B says:

HI I’M A 39 YR OLD WOMAN LIVING IN MISSISSIPPI.MY MOUTH IS IN BAD NEED OF DENTIST WORK.MY TEETH ARE CROOKED AND IN MY LATE TEENS I HAD THE GUM DISEASE PERIODONTIST IS WHAT IT’S CALLED? I HAVE DECAY AROUND MOST OF MY TEETH AND WAS WONDERING IF A DENTIST SCHOOL WORK ON THE TYPE OF PROBLEMS THAT I HAVE IN MY MOUTH/ ALSO I HAVENT BEEN TO A DENTIST SINCE I WAS PROBABLY IN MY EARLY TWENTIES AND I AM SO SCARED OF GETTING WORK DONE IN FEAR OF PAIN AND I’M SO EMBARASSED OF MY MOUTH,BUT I’M TIRED OF HIDING MY SMILE BECAUSE OF MY TEETH.IS THER ANY HELP FOR ME? PLEASE EMAIL SOON THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

5. sherry says:

i am needing major dental work done to keep it brief i am from missouri and i was wondering if there was any other schools besides the one in kansas maybe in the st.louis area

6. khara says:

the dental school in louisiana is not taking patients unless you have a dentist. i need teeth pulled bad.

7. In Pain says:

I’m in pain all the time. I’m disabled and can barely afford rent and food let alone things like dental work. My teeth have been breaking off for years, despite twice daily brushing and flossing. I’m 43 and have mouth pain most of the time. All my lower molars are gone. I have two top molars left. I say gone, but the tops are broken,most of the teeth are there below the gum llne they are slowly rotting away. What do you suggest for me. I have no car. The closest dental school is a 4 hour $6dollar one way bus trip (actually 5 busses one way). I get medicare, but don’t qualify for medicaid. I get about 1,000 a month. But my rent is 640 and that’s for a studio. My eclectric averages 120. The rest goes to food. How am I supposed to pay for anything?? So my teeth rot away, and no one seems to care enough to help. ANy ideas?

8. Charlee says:

Baylor dental school in Dallas Texas is not free anymore! 57 dollars gets you an ex Ray and exam where they tell you based on the condition of your teeth what they will do.

In my case some of my teeth are so far gone and I have sjoregrens which is an autoimmune disease affecting the saliva glands that all of my teeth need extracting and a full set of dentures will costs me 1,400.00. Sounds high till you call a dentist in private practice and the price is four grand for top and same for the bottoms. Eight grand for false teeth lol. Time to go to Mexico. Progreso is the dental Capitol of Mexico, I’ve heard good and bad so homework is imperative. Just a heads up.

What happened to the free college ?

9. Hasan says:

Marilyn,

I am missing both lateral incisors and need bridges. Otherwise, my teeth are healthy. Will a dental school do them? Thanks.

10. Sarah says:

Don’t forget, dental hygiene schools do the same exact thing!!! THe one I got to offers $30 cleanings!

11. sartorio says:

Yes Hasan I’m sure they would. Everyone who is curious should just give the school a call and ask, I bet you’d get a quick answer.

12. Louis says:

I tried a Dental school once… called about having tooth
    pulled… they wanted to charge me $140 for this my own
    dentist was charging $110… I think you may be out of the
    loop about Dental Schools and how much they charge.

13. frank says:

I had work done at medical college of Georgia. The work was terrible. I had to make return visits after every part of the proceedure. So it was taking years and hundreds of dollars in gas. I live 150 miles from there. The cost kept going up before they could finish. I decided it was not worth it and fired them in the middle of the work. Now I have no opptions.

14. Rose says:

We live in Albany, GA. My best friend has terrible teeth and has been out of work for quite some time. Please help me find a good dentist/oral surgeon/school that will do this work inexpensively. Thank you so much.

15. Margie says:

For all the single mothers check http://www.adcfmom.org it is a site that helps single and low income mothers get their teeth fixed for free..Check to see when an event is if your state is listed.. hope this helps 8)

16. mark twain says:

sign up for a visit let them bill you! who cares if it goes to collection! you have rights just ask if they can bill the payment

17. Ariel says:

How much would it cost for top and bottom dentures?
    And what is a good number to call?

18. Rosalind Berman-Myerson says:

I live in the Greater Boston area and have gone to one of the dental schools. I am covered under my husband’s dental insurance. My husband’s dental insurance is just so so. In other words, his dental insurance pays better then some, and not as good as others. I found out that even with my husband’s dental insurance that before I could have any type of dental work done in my mouth, that I would have to pay for all treatments up front. I needed to have some reconstructive dental treatment done. therefore, all I had the student dentist do was a cleaning. I called the other two dental schools in the Greater Boston area, and their policy was the same if you have dental insurance. If you don’t have dental insurance, then you had to pay for the treatment in 3 installments. Yes, going to a dental school is much less expensive then going to a dentist, however, find out up front what the policy is if you have dental insurance and if you do not have dental insurance. Otherwise, you may find yourself crying in the lobby as I did when I found out that I would still have to pay for the rest of the work even though I had dental insurance. I still have to reconstructive dental done, and I’m not sure where to go.

If you don’t have a lot of money to pay for dental work, whether or not you go to a dentist or a dental school, then you are out of luck! In other words, you need to have plenty of money!

19. Kelly says:

Some schools require payment up front. I asked around at a school in Arizona and there was no billing option.

20. Kevin says:

All of these options are eventually designed to make my teeth and my smile look the way you desire it to, and allow me to reclaim my positive self-image. Thanks!

21. Debra says:

Is there a school that take patients in the Albany area? I am in need of major work. Disabled too boot, afraid that if I do not get the work done soon, I will lose all my teeth. All cavities at the gum line due to the loads of medications I have been on. I am figuring this will be implants or vaniers. Please I need help and scared to death of losing my only thing that means everything to me.
    I’ve already lost my ability to live a normal life w/o depending on a scooter, I cannot lose my teeth. Haven’t smiled in yrs, would really love to at least be able to smile and not feel embarrassed by another problem, my teeth. I’m to young. I would love to help a student as you will be helping me a great deal too!