Deals I Found on eBay

eBay license

I made my first eBay purchase a few years ago, but I didn’t get serious until recently. I can honestly say I’m almost on my way to becoming an eBay addict. The things you can get there – and the prices. It’s a bargain shopper’s dream. I hate to pay full price for anything, so if I want or need something that won’t cost a bundle to ship, I always look on e-bay. Here are a few of my favorite purchases on eBay:

A Wireless FM Transmitter + Car Charger for MP3 player: I really wanted an auxiliary jack in my car stereo so I can listen to my MP3 player (or DVD player) through the car speakers. Seeing as how that is not a good enough reason to rush out and

This entry was posted in Saving Money. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Deals I Found on eBay

1. mark says:

The problem with ebay is it takes so much time to get the thing you want. And one bad experience will make you decide it isn’t worth the hassle.

2. rt says:

I found this article a bit inspiring. I had not thought of getting so many things from eBay. To respond to Mark’s comment, to be fair, eBay does also have this thing they call “Buy It Now” or something, which I sometimes look for when I want something and can’t wait. And I kind of like waiting to see if I can “win” that special item sometimes – especially when time is not of the essence. I suppose I have not have a bad experience yet either so can’t comment on that.

3. Raven says:

I used to be a big fan of eBay until a couple of years ago. The end of the love affair is not eBay’s fault by that of the Canadian government.

Postage for outgoing items (ie. if I’m selling on eBay) has reached usurious levels (eg. a paperback book costs a minimum of 6$ to send!).

As for incoming items, customs have really cracked down and I wind up paying massive amounts of tax for purchases from the States. For example, I bought a cheapie laptop from California for 100$, paid 20$ to have it shipped… and paid almost 150$ in customs and brokerage fees… and this after Canadian border control held my item hostage for three weeks!!!

Because of Canada Post rates, I’m not any better off buying from Canada. In fact, I get my best deals from Europe and Asia… but their electronics aren’t necessarily comparable with mine, could be bootlegs, and they take forever to arrive.

So, yes, there are amazing deals to be found on eBay, but generally shipping and/or customs charges often makes shopping and selling there pointless… and the odd amazing deal all the more amazing.

4. kickstart says:

I think that ebay has become more expensive in may ways. Especially with shipping. You need to be very careful because many sellers make their profit by charging too much for shipping now.

5. Marilyn Bunker says:

I have found many great deals and items that are not available locally on eBay. When was the last time you went to Aaron Bros or Michaels to get a print framed? The price has become prohibitive. During a recent redecorating project, I discovered a fellow on eBay who sells frames and mats for great prices. Picture me happy!

6. Gail says:

You don’t necessarily have to wait for ebay purchases. Check to see if the seller has an ebay store! I’m a store seller for sewing patterns and we rarely run auctions and so most of our things can be bought instantly. Be sure also to check out the sellers feedback so that you know you are dealing with someone reputable.