Do You Hunger for Money?

Spend less than you earn. Pay yourself first. Save 10 percent of all of your earnings. These are some of the most basic principles of personal finance, yet millions fail to do this. There are hundreds of personal finance books that talk about these financial basics, and more are on their way. Simple solutions are often not that simple for many people, but they should be.

People let their financial focus dim when they see something they want, especially if a friend, family member, neighbor, and even an enemy owns it. These days we are able to get the things we want by using credit cards and various other loans. This route has become too easy and shows no sign of stopping.

Many years ag

This entry was posted in Making Money, Personal Finance. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Do You Hunger for Money?

1. dan says:

I agree that money has become to easy to get and this has made the fire of people to want to earn it die down.

2. FinWhiz says:

Credit card debt IS evil. There is not one GOOD reason to own one. And as far as wanting what my “Neighbor” has? Never would I want all of their debt. It’s insane.

3. ben says:

There isn’t one good reason to own a credit card? I would hate to take advice from you.

1. They can help your credit score which can mean paying lower payments on mortgage and auto loans

2. They offer protection on purchases that cash doesn’t.

3. They off cash back / rewards

4. They offer freebies such as luggage insurance while traveling and some rental car insurance

There are four times as many as requested and I can give more. I hate it when people begin to personalize a credit card. it’s not evil. It’s a tool. You can use it however you choose.

4. finwhiz says:

Sorry Ben, no one has ever gotten rivh from their credit card perks. People who take advice from me break the addiction to credit cards and are forever out of the hassles credit cards bring. Most people who love them like you are addicted. And that’s okay, if that’s what you want out of life. Having no credit cards means I have the actual MONEY to buy luggage if I want to.

5. ben says:

Never said that they did, but they make financial sense if you use them correctly and financial sense is what you need to accumulate money.

And people do stay a lot richer when their credit score lets them borrow money at better rates.

Having credit cards means I not only have MONEY to buy luggage, I have the money, I am protected if the airline happens to go bankrupt, I get free travel insurance on the small chance I die, I have luggage insurance in case my luggage gets lost, I don;t have to pay for any extra insurance on my rental car and I even get money back for it all at no extra charge.

You make the poor assumption that using credit cards means you are in debt. You are only in debt if you don’t know how to use them correctly. And if you don’t know how to use them correctly (or can’t admit that they can be used for an advantage even if you can’t), then you haven’t learned a lot about personal finances.

6. finwhiz says:

Ben it is NOT a “poor assumption” you are going into debt. You are playing with the sharks, and you will get bitten.
    If you really want a high “I Love Debt Score” then by all means, keep doing what you are doing. Have you read “The Millionaire Next Door”???
    I have learned a lot about personal finance. And no one that I counsel wants to be a slave to the cards any longer. Credit cards are strictly for people who do not have any money.

7. ben says:

Sorry, it is apoor assumption because you assume that I;m in debt. I’m not. In fact, I have a net worth that is likely a lot larger than yours. I have never paid any interest to a credit card company. I have always paid my cards in full each month.

You make a poor assumption because you have had trouble with credit cards in the past. Not all of us have.