One definition of frugality is making the best use of the resources available. I have an abundance of junk mail, so I thought, How can I make junk mail useful? Here are some ideas from my brainstorming session:
1. Sign up for opt-out lists. (warning: if you do this, then you can’t do any of these other things)
2. Shred it to use as mulch.
3. Shred it to use as packaging material.
4. Tear it into strips and make paper mâché
5. Recycle it.
6. Clip out words and letters to use in a ransom note (or anonymous love note).
7. Harvest freebies. (My kids love the Disney stickers, I rarely buy address labels, and the best spatula I own came from a direct mail advertising package.)
8. Look ...