Photo Essay – 25 More Money Confessions

A few months ago I began to collect money confessions from the audience members that attended the talks that I have been giving. At the end of the presentation, I would ask people to take a few minutes and anonymously write down on a piece of paper a money secret that they kept, but which they had not told anyone about. These were then folded and placed in a box. Although many of the confessions placed in the box have been rather typical, there are a few that stand out among them. These are some of those money confessions that I felt were worth sharing. The following money confessions are numbers 26 – 50 (These are the first 25 confessions for those interested):

depressed
“I shop to relie

This entry was posted in X Files. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Photo Essay – 25 More Money Confessions

1. fern says:

I really disliked that one that said “I still resent my parents for spending my inheritance to travel round the world.”

Who says your parents are obligated to leave you all their assets when they die??

2. Traciatim says:

Fern, it’s really how you read it. What if it was held in trust and was from a great grandparent. It’s not specific enough to judge.

If it was someone just waiting for their parents to die and instead their parents traveled the world and they resent it, that’s down right disgusting.

3. Grace Leigh says:

Wow-thanks for sharing! My inital thought was the same as Fern’s on the inheritance one.

I was really saddened by the one that thought God hand selected the poor from the rich.

4. Pingback: Personal finance at KMull.com

5. Pingback: Carnival of Personal Finance » Carnival of Personal Finance #117

6. Pingback: Carnival of Personal Finance #117

7. ispf says:

I love photo essays and have to say this one is *very* well done. I love the way you have chosen the photographs and captioned them! Must have taken a lot of time…. really worth the effort though!

8. The “debt” comment is very touching and real. We have had medical bills almost kill us emotionally and financially. It drives you to depression every day.

9. marie says:

i absolutely understand the anger over the lost inheritance. your parents are planning to give you an expensive gift, which shows their love, and then they throw that away. its like telling someone they can expect a christmas gift and then your present is not there when the day comes.

i think fern’s comment is terrible. who is she to judge what makes a person angry? there are so many judgemental people in this world.

most comments that i read on websites are never removed or edited, no matter how rude, obscene, or derogatory they are. im going to stop reading comments, i think.

10. Susy says:

I hope my parents travel the world and don’t leave me a cent! I want them to enjoy what they’ve worked so hard for. They taught me proper money management so I don’t need their money!

11. Pingback: FIRE Finance

12. Lazza says:

This is a great photo essay.
    I was shocked by the one that said he spent his money paying for sex instead of a girlfriend because its cheaper. Ew.