Bikini Waxing – When DIY Isn’t Worth The Savings

bikini wax

How much money do you spend on your hair? Are you worth it? The woman on the hair-dye commercial says, with great certainty (that annoys me for some reason) that she’s worth it, but I wanted to find out if I am. Curious, I walked into my bathroom to get an accurate picture of how much of my paycheck was sitting around in brightly colored tubes and bottles of hair care and hair removal products. I consider myself low-maintenance, so I didn’t think it would be much. In contrast to some women who won’t go to the grocery store without lipstick and a fresh coat of Aqua Net, my friends will tell you that my attitude about my hair is, “I don’t have to look at it,

This entry was posted in Health, Saving Money. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Bikini Waxing – When DIY Isn’t Worth The Savings

1. dan says:

Had to laugh at this one – this is one good reason I’m happy I’m not a woman.

2. Michelle says:

I applaud your restraint in not feel the need to have your husband experience what you were feeling for himself. I’m afraid my husband would be lacking huge chunks of chest hair if it had been us tackling that mission.

Hilarious blog and it really got me thinking about how much I spend on hair care and cosmetics in general!

3. Cindy says:

Hahaha. One of your best posts ever!

4. barry says:

I have new found respect for what women are willing to go through for men. My only question is, why was there a guy in the video getting a bikini wax?

5. Jemme Stewart says:

I was laughing so hard as I read this. What a hilarious description of what sounds like a form of torture. On the serious side your message really does make me want to add up what I spend on these items every year. It might be startling!!!! Thanks for making us laugh and making us think! Jemme

6. Pingback:   The 89th Edition of the Festival of Frugality by FILAM Personal Finance

7. Pingback: You Canít Afford It - SavingAdvice.com Blog