Ten Great No-Cost Newspaper Gift Ideas

newspaper art

Newspapers are handy inventions. They are delivered to our door once a day, whether we want it today or not. They are at every grocery store, en masse. Wrinkle and shake one open, and you can find all sorts of gift ideas for your sweetie, or mom, or kid (or self). You can find coupons and sales ads: “Valentine’s Day is coming ! Get your diamonds 16.57% off here!” There are listings in the calendar section for live music; there are movie listings. You can use the service directory to find dancing lessons or spa treatments and in the classifieds you can find a puppy or sports event tickets. The lifestyles section of the paper sometimes even lists the top gifts of the season

This entry was posted in Holidays, Saving Money. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Ten Great No-Cost Newspaper Gift Ideas

1. Shannon says:

I never heard about making homemade paper this way — does it turn out a strange gray color? Sounds like an interesting project even if you don’t need a gift!

2. Ann says:

The paper does come out a gray, but it’s really nice not to have a boatload of ingredients to make it. It’s like papermache, without making you all paste-y.

Ann

3. contrary1 says:

Fun list! I used a newspaper in a creativity class a couple times, had the participants list the number of things they could do with the paper. They surprised themselves with just how creative they really were.

4. Rachelle says:

Thank you! I have been trying to get a gift together and all the cards I have been buying makes it incredably pricey but with this I can personalize it! I love the poem idea! How come you didn’t tell me about this before, sis?

5. Noelle says:

I loved this article! So inventive of you Ann. I look forward to my next opportunity to make a “this day in history” card. I am also excited to read more articles from this author!

6. Jen says:

Ann, Is there a way to use some of your ideas in another publication? I think your tips would be great for a website I know.

7. Ann says:

Jen,
    Thanks. I can be reached at
    my name at yahoo dot com

8. rizki says:

Oer..you can convert newspaper waste into shopping bag. watch this video:

9. Clara says:

No need to gender the last tip! What if your sister-in-law does the grilling and your brother sets the table? Otherwise, great ideas.

10. Ann says:

No reason to gender or not to gender any of the tips; they’re examples and examples require the ability to apply the idea to a variety of situations. I hope the list is inspiring, not one of inflexible instructions.

Ann