Money Confession – Divorce

I have been collecting money confessions. At the end of talks I have been giving, I asked the audience members to anonymously write down a money confession they have not revealed before. I have chosen some of the more interesting ones to share with you. This is confession number 39 in the series:

divorce
“When I found out he was cheating, spent all the money in his bank accounts before telling him I wanted a divorce.”

Other confession already listed:

This confession photo courtesy of rustybrick

This entry was posted in Personal Finance. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Money Confession – Divorce

1. Joey says:

Stupidity all around

2. alex says:

Two wrongs don’t make a right, its weird how this woman feels she is totally justified to do whatever she wants just b/c her husband did wrong. I think people are too tolerant of this sort of attitude of unaccountability.

3. Joey says:

Good for her?!?!?!
    Wow. People really amaze me. This isn’t a him/her issue. This is just dumb and the people who support this are just as dumb.

4. Jennifer says:

Ever been cheated on,”Joey”? or perhaps you are the cheater?…why is it WRONG for her to unload the JOINT account but ok for him to unload the exclusiveness of their relationship by cheating on her physically, spiritually , emotionally and mentally by having an affair? Double standard men!

5. Jennifer says:

…and as to your personal slam, well you don’t know me so you are categorically unqualified to judge my intelligence or lack thereof. I will remember the old adage at this point, however, “opinions are like ***holes, ….”

6. Joey says:

Hi Jennifer, my real name is Joey so no need for the quotes. Lets see if I can keep this in context with the blog and this particular subject matter without getting off on too much of a tangent…I’m sorry you have been hurt. Ok, I’m sorry. I don’t know you but I feel bad. With that said, there is no excuse for this type of behavior (on the part of the distraught spouse).

What has happened here, and what I ALWAYS see, is people jumping to conclusions. You read one sentence from the blog, read one sentence from me, and now all men suck and all women are wronged.

You don’t know the facts. You don’t know what happened in the relationship. You don’t know how many times she cheated on him. You don’t know how many kids they have. You don’t know anything. What you do know is that in your mind (and her mind) the quick extraction of money from their “joint” account is total justification for adultery. This makes no sense.

By the way, no need to judge intelligence or lack there of, I can let the posts speak for themselves.

Have I been cheated on? Ok makes no difference in this debate but yes I was. I was 13. I was devastated. I was physically, spiritually, emotionally and mentally involved with her. Boo hoo. I got over it but would never ask harm of her or take away her lunch money because of it. As far as me being the cheater…well I married the perfect woman 10 years ago and she does very well to make sure that I never even need to even think about cheating. Its the furthest thing from my mind.

Jennifer, I’m sorry. I can see the person who hurt you has made you into the person you are today and some day we can all heal together.