Money Confession – Girlfriends

One of the things I began to do a few months ago is ask audience members to anonymously write down a money confession they had at the end of my personal finance presentations. This is one of the confessions that I received and is number 36 in the series:

pay for sex
“I pay for sex because it is cheaper than a girlfriend.”

Other confession already listed:

This confession photo courtesy of Stuck in Customs

This entry was posted in X Files. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Money Confession – Girlfriends

1. delphi says:

I’m not sure that this is appropriate for a personal finance blog.

2. pfadvice says:

While I’m sure that some of these confessions make people feel uncomfortable from time to time, the reason that the people felt that they could not reveal them except when done anonymously is because of that very issue. Money is a taboo subject among many people and add sex into it and it becomes even more taboo. I feel it is important to share the secrets even if they make some feel a bit uncomfortable. Not listing them doesn’t mean that these issues don’t exist.

I don’t endorse or reject any of the confession; I simply pass them along for others to view and consider.

3. nico says:

i dont understand how people can have sex and then feel akward or deem it inappropiate. If you have sex you should be comfortable with the topic. seems like a double standard to me… (doesnt go for the small % that dont have sex) this should be a judge free zone..if it wasnt a lil contriversial, it wouldnt be called a confession. sex shouldnt be something to feel guilty or feel ashamed about. After all he made (in his/her eyes a poor FINANCIAL transaction) :p

4. Joey says:

haahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! That is awesome. Luckily happily married and dated very very little before her, I have buddies that I actually joke with and tell them that it would just be MUCH MUCH cheaper to pay for sex then it would be to keep doing what he is doing and working a second jobs to make up the losses from his last failed relationship.

5. Tom says:

A very wise man once told me:

“I don’t pay for the sex, I pay for them to leave when we’re done”

6. Tim says:

this is probably true if you are just looking to have sex. however, a girlfriend relationship is much more than just sex.

7. Joey says:

Yes, much more money!

Of course I’m making a joke but for some people this is absolutely true.