Money Confession – Boat

We all have money secrets. As I have given talks, I ask the audience members to anonymously write down and confess one of their money secrets. This is one of the confessions that I received. This is confession number 35 in the series:

boat
“I bought a $75,000 boat that I have only used 3 times in 5 years.”

Other confession already listed:

This confession photo courtesy of 4tunate1

This entry was posted in X Files. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Money Confession – Boat

1. dan says:

Time to sell the boat and recover whatever you can from a bad purchase. And hopefully a lesson has been learned.

2. benny says:

That was an expensive purchase. For $25,000 a boat ride, you could have rented one hell of a boat.

3. vsjhoc says:

They say the two happiest days in a boat owner’s life are the day he buys the boat and the day he sells it.

4. Joey says:

That is my belief. Will never own a boat. Although some good friends just spent $107k on theirs. They use is religiously every weekend since Memorial weekend and they take it to many different lakes/rivers. We have had the joy of spending time with them on a few of the weekends this summer. They of course have the where-with-all to afford it so thats not in question. Not everyone regrets their purchase. For me, I WOULD fall into that category.

5. anonymous says:

I’ve always thought it would be great to have a friend who has a boat.

6. ~Dawn says:

I wonder if that guy could rent out his boat?

7. dean says:

And we are all assuming that he paid cash for it. Most likely he took out a loan meaning the cost was well over $75,000