Many people assume that the penny is no longer good for anything, but not according to members from the forums – there are still a lot of things that you can do with a penny. Here are 83 of them (Disclaimer: Some of these activities involve defacing pennies which may be illegal):
1. Clean dirty pennies instantly by dropping them into a saucer of vinegar with table salt stirred in.
2. Use for leverage to pry off the lid from a difficult “line-up-the-arrows” childproof medication bottle.
3. Slip one under a vase that sits a little wobbly to steady it.
4. Tape one to the tail of your kite for a little more stabilizing weight.
5. Teach your toddler to count with them.