Advantages Of Using A Temp Agency To Find A Job

Many people don’t use temp agencies because they either don’t know what temp agencies are or think they should be able to find a job on their own. In my experience, temp agencies are a great resource for simplifying your job search. They are particularly useful for students, recent grads, people who have just gotten started in their careers, and people who want to change jobs–that is, they can benefit almost anyone.

A temp agency is a company that helps match people seeking work with open positions at companies. They keep a running list of available positions along with a running list of available workers, and they quite often know about openings that are not known to th

This entry was posted in Making Money, Work. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Advantages Of Using A Temp Agency To Find A Job

1. Nathan Deese says:

I am looking for a job and would like some help through a reliable temp angency. I have reliable tranportation but no lincense.

2. Surely, temporary jobs has a lot of advantages. Almost all of it were mentioned in the article above. The article points out that if you are in need, financially, and that you have no enough contacts to start your job search, you may want to try temp jobs. Not all of us are aware of temp jobs, others think, temp jobs are low paying jobs, something called as cheap jobs, but they are not. They have a lot of advantages.

But first, you may think of an agency that will help you fin temp jobs that suits your qualifications. Top staffing agencies were mentioned in the article, however, I advise that you should apply to as many temp staffing agencies as possible. This will give you a lot of choices later on.

3. Lady Law says:

I have been unemployed since February 2008, since then I have registered with Robert Half Legal, Mack & Associates, North Shore Staffing OM5 Daystar Temping Services, Aerotek, Career Temporary Services, Active Temporary Service and Advanced Staffing Agency. I am almost 50 years old, with excellent skills as a Legal Secretary and Medical Staff Coordinator among many other talents, no one will give me an assignment, no one will hire me overall, I am an Black American Woman also and I have excellent references and yet I have been discriminated extremely. Especially by North Shore Staffing/OM5 Daystar in Northfield, Illinois and Aerotek. It is horrible and this takes place in Illinois. So what do you do in cases like this. Robert Half Legal and Office Teams have also been discriminatory. I don’t know where else to go.

4. Patrice says:

Appleone sucks… Don’t even recommend them. They do nothing. But I do agree with your article.

I made the transition from retail to secretarial work, for money purposes and because I was a single mother and couldn’t find a 9-5 job in retails. I started off temping in a law firm a few years ago. And now I work for one of the best law firms in the state. And I got this position through a headhunter.

I recommend going to lots of temp agencies…because you will soon find that some of them aren’t really that great at doing their jobs. And appearances can be deceiving… some of the most professional looking temp agencies do the worst work.

5. ester enriquez says:

Iam 50 years old already and still wanted so much to work for my needs
    I dont want to defend on my kids for my personal needs. I’m BSC Graduate major in Finance lot of working experience as personal assistant and secretary , I got a driving license and driving since 1985. Any one with a good heart to help me to find a descent job for a living

6. Christina says:

Another fun fact that I learned at a Careerbuilder conference ena I have seen in my 4 years of recruiting is that job seekers using staffing agencies are 30% more likely to get a face to face interview.

7. christina says:

This is really helpful, I just graduated from college and I have a temp agency that wants to help me. It seems that they already have something in mind for me. The only questions I have is, if you end up getting hired by one of their clients as a permanent job, does the temp agency get any money after?

8. Mae Parker says:

Temporary work offers so many benefits. I have always found it to be a great way to get to know a new city and meet people. The contacts you make can be very valuable both professionally an socially.